Moving POI and modifying a certified track

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
RandyB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Moving POI and modifying a certified track

Post by RandyB »

I'm new, but I have searched for answers before submitting this post. Like a lot of users, I am making a home course to familiarize myself with Harry's Lap Timer. I'm now satisfied that I can confidently use the timer at my next track event. During the process I have encountered a couple of questions:

1. I am using an iPod Touch 4th gen. Moving POIs to their proper position is a little tedious. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I can't seem to tap just right to "grab" the poi for dragging. More times than not, as I think I've grabbed it, I make my move only to scroll the view. Any tips or insights into where and how I should be tapping to grab? fyi, I am not fluent in Apple speak/gestures.

2. The certified tracks I will be using the most have only stop/go triggers for timing. I want to add splits to these tracks to allow me to better analyze driver's performance. I have added the splits as I see fit, but I cannot seem to change the track name to help identify it as something other than the certified track from the database. If it is possible to change the name, could you provide insights as to how?

RandyB
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Moving POI and modifying a certified track

Post by bulls23 »

1. There isn't really a trick to it. "Clicking" a poi marks it and "click+hold" lets you drag it around.

2. You can change the name of the track in "Lap List" -> scroll all the way down and look for the button "Manage List". There you will find all the names of all tracks on your phone.

If you know of some official splits that are not in the certified track set, you can edit the track set and then send it to harry explaining why it should be updated. It depends on the case i guess, sometimes it's not so easy to change track sets that have been out there for some time because of the database of old laps, hall of fame and all the users having laps with the original version.