Android video issue

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Leedscal
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Android video issue

Post by Leedscal »

hi all im hoping I can get a bit of help here.

I used the grandprix app for the first time yesterday and got my go pro 7 set up too. I have a lap list and I have the videos I just dont know how to get the video onto the app and overlay it.

It seems easy for iPhone users but I'm really struggling with this now i just wondered of anyone else had the same issue.

Thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android video issue

Post by Harry »

Uploading files to Android differs a lot by Android version and manufacturer. You may want to add your precise hardware and software configuration to allow an answer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android video issue

Post by Harry »

Sample transfer for a Pixel 4 running Android 10 (other devices and Android versions will differ):
  • Check for valid video file locations in LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Video List. For late Android versions you will find an app specific (sandbox) directory only. Older Android versions will show app specific and global directories. The Pixel 4 shows /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.harrys.laptimerpro/files/Movies for me.
  • The Pixel has no physical SD card, so it emulates one in /storage/emulated/0; so the space shown here is actually located in the smartphone's permanent memory.
  • The application provided by Google to access an Android device's memory is named "Android File Transfer". Google it, download and install it. Some manufacturer have their own tooling, so this depends on you smartphone model again.
  • Connect the Pixel to you PC or Mac using an USB cable. Make sure you have set USB to "File Transfer" on your Pixel: Settings app ‣ Connected Devices ‣ USB ‣ File Transfer / Android Auto.
  • Start Android File Transfer, you will see a file explorer type window with the emulated SD card contents; navigate to Android/data/com.harrys.laptimerpro/files/Movies and drop your video into it.
Image Image Image Image