Can Laptimer be used without internet connection?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
RacerEric
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Can Laptimer be used without internet connection?

Post by RacerEric »

Harry wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:39 am Like written above, it is not necessary. Load the track set at home. This will store the trigger definitions needed to start / stop laps on your phone. You can see them in Lap List as Certified Track Sets. Once at the track, just bring up Timer View and drive.

In case you purge the track set on site for some reason, or want to change configuration, you will certainly need an Internet connection again.

- Harry
I have no cell signal at Willow Springs and lap timer won't time laps. I'd assume there's a GPS signal but it seems the timer isn't recognizing the timing points. Any thoughts?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can Laptimer be used without internet connection?

Post by Harry »

Provided you have loaded the Willow Springs track set front up (i.e. while in a WiFi at home), LapTimer will work as expected without access to the Internet. In case you see missed recordings nevertheless, see this FAQ for potential issues: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2

- Harry
Image Image Image Image