App crash, video file corrupted

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

App crash, video file corrupted

Post by benybendebou »

Hello,

I had some issue on my trackday with the app. At the end of each session, the recording didn't stop in the pits. So I wanted to stop it manually, but the bouton Stop never responded, and the app crashed nearly every time. Now, I can't overlay any of my laps, because every video file seems to be corrupted. The video freeze in a middle of a lap, but the sound is going on. When I try to overlay any lap, it just show the message " Traitement Vidéo " and nothing happens.

I'm an android user with Petrol Head edition 20.2.3
If Money does not make you happy, buy a sport car

Mazda RX-8 Brillant Black 2004 Perf Pack - NoCat/CatBack Toyosport - EBC Yellow - Coilover D2 Street - 231hp
Suzuki GSX 1340 B-King - Laser Xtrem 4 - 190hp
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: App crash, video file corrupted

Post by Harry »

This sounds like you probably run out of memory? Anyway, please first test if you have valid data recordings (Lap List). In case you have the data, please transfer the video to your desktop and try to repair it using some video editing software. I have no specific recommendation here. Once repaired, copy the video back to the smartphone and use the Re-Link function to replace the link to the corrupted video by a link to the repaired one.

I hope you have the videos on a SD card, transfers are difficult otherwise.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by benybendebou »

I have plenty of memory available, 50go storage and 4Go of RAM. The lap list is good, I can transfert to a computer I'll try to find a software able to repair the file.

Thanks for the advice

Mazda RX-8 Brillant Black 2004 Perf Pack - NoCat/CatBack Toyosport - EBC Yellow - Coilover D2 Street - 231hp
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Are you driving with Video View open and pressed Stop on this screen, or have you used the Timer View's Stop button?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by benybendebou »

I'm driving with the video view open, and tried to press STOP on the screen. This didn't work each time. So I tried by pressing the X, et back on the time screen and then the "Stop" button. But crashed each time.

I've looked on the video on a computer, the video is not complete, and not possible to repair.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Oh, that's odd. Changing the view in LapTimer (Android) while recording video is not supported. Actually LapTimer should prevent you from closing Video View while recording because of this, but it is certainly possible to press Home or interrupt the app otherwise. I will check if I can reproduce this missing stop function, I assume you had a triggered / automatic recording?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by benybendebou »

Yes it was automatic, on the track "Folembray".

Thanks