v18.9 Thoughts

This forum covers all topics on Harry's GPS Buddy
carramrod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

v18.9 Thoughts

Post by carramrod »

Hey Harry,

I downloaded v18.9 from the app store last night and I have a couple observations:

1. I'm really digging the new "tile" interface. The idea of using the favorites to setup your home screen is great (just like Windows Phone ;) ). Are there any plans on letting the user change the size of the tiles? Making the "Drive" tile bigger (two tiles horizontally while the phone is in portrait mode) would be nice when you have gloves on and whatnot. Plus the ability to make the smaller for other functions would be nice just for quick in-out of menus.

2. Is the OBDII add-on available yet? I bought the GPS add-on, but I want to check out the OBDII stuff especially since the new firmware for the OBDLink MX Wifi should be out "soon."

3. The system information on my iPhone 6 says I have an iPhone 6 Plus. I don't know if you are keying anything off that, just an observation.

Steven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: v18.9 Thoughts

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. The tile management allows double and screen wide tiles, but that feature is a development time setting currently. I found it pretty difficult to set tile width in a way each view looks good for portrait and landscape - maybe I need to buy a Windows machine to understand how it may work :-(

2. Yes. The download from Add-ons has not been activated from the beginning, but should be available now. Please refresh the Add-ons list to get the latest version.

3. I will check that. It has no influence on functionality but should certainly show the correct model.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. I checked the codes, they need to be exchanged. Currently iPhone7,2 is shown as iPhone6 Plus...
iPhone 6 (GSM/North America/A1549) iPhone7,2
iPhone 6 (CDMA/Verizon/A1549) iPhone7,2
iPhone 6 (Global/Sprint/A1586) iPhone7,2
iPhone 6 (China Mobile/A1589) iPhone7,2
iPhone 6 Plus (GSM/North America/A1522) iPhone7,1
iPhone 6 Plus (CDMA/Verizon/A1522) iPhone7,1
iPhone 6 Plus (Global/Sprint/A1524) iPhone7,1
iPhone 6 Plus (China Mobile/A1593) iPhone7,1
Image Image Image Image
carramrod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by carramrod »

Well, Windows Phones don't actually allow you to go into landscape mode on the home screen with the tiles. So that limits the problems associated with portrait/landscape. But Windows 8 tablets do go portrait/landscape, and it's not "pretty" but it works.

PS: Got the Engine Add-On, thanks!
carramrod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by carramrod »

Even without buying a Windows device you could download Visual Studio and run the emulator to see how it all works. There's a free version of VS2013 available.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmmm, on a Mac? ;-)
Image Image Image Image
carramrod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by carramrod »