Transfer data to new phone

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
rkneeshaw
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Transfer data to new phone

Post by rkneeshaw »

Hey guys,

Tried googling and searching here and haven't been able to figure out how to get Laptimer backed up from my old phone and restored on my new phone.

Migrating from a google Pixel 3 to a Pixel 5.

Did a backup of the database and emailed it to myself, but can't figure out how to "restore" it on the new phone.

What am I missing?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transfer data to new phone

Post by Harry »

You missed the FAQ here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341
Image Image Image Image
rkneeshaw
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by rkneeshaw »

Just to confirm, there's no restore method for the database itself, from another device.

Only lap data can be restored from another device
And app settings have to be transferred via tools like itunes or something similar for android.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Backup / restore is about the data. Not videos, the app, or settings. As described in the FAQ.
Actually migration can be very easy and iOS is super user friendly here. When using the iPhone 2 iPhone migration, you get everything transferred automatically. App, videos, data, and settings. To my knowledge, there is no such mechanism for Android available yet. Some manufacturers have their own tooling, and there are probably some 3rd party tools too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rkneeshaw
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by rkneeshaw »

ok thank you.

FYI - On my android device the attachment of lap data was getting saved without a file extension, and laptimer wouldn't do anything with it. I had to rename it so it had the .hlptrl file extension and then the lap data imported.