data download to laptop?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Never2
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

data download to laptop?

Post by Never2 »

I have downloaded the video with overlay to my laptop but have two questions:

What do I have to do to be able to bring all the data files to the laptop or can it be done? I suspect I would have to have Harry's LT on the laptop but it's not an apple so I suspect I can't put the LT on it.

If I delete the video from my ipod will I lose the data recorded as well?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: data download to laptop?

Post by bulls23 »

In fact you can save all of your data but you have to differentiate between the videos and the logging data.
It seems you already know how to save your videos from the iPhone / iPod.
If you additionally want to save your logged data, you have several options. Go to the lap list and take a look at the top left of the screen. There's an iPhone / iPod with a letter icon. There you will find different export formats (there should be enough info on the differences here in the forum). For a full backup you should use "all" together with "LapTimer (.hlptrl)". This file can ba used to fully restore your lap data after deleting HLT. Simply send this file to an email on your device and open the attachment with LapTimer.
If you need to export a specific lap, select one in the lap list, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and push the export button. You will see the same export screen with an additionally numbered lap selection at the top right.
There's no such thing as HLT for PC or Mac, only available for iPhone, iPod and iPad.
Deleting videos will not delete the logged lap data.
BryanPendleton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BryanPendleton »

Is there a process for downloading the raw "session" video to a computer for post-processing with RaceRender? I can only manage to overlay a lap and download that sing overplayed lap, but I was the raw video without overlay.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check this post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1067#p5052

- Harry
Image Image Image Image