Overlaying data on ipod gen5

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Never2
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Overlaying data on ipod gen5

Post by Never2 »

I have recorded "laps" to work or from work home then gone in and run the video overlay which appears to function but when I then hit "play" there is no overlaid data. What am I doing wrong?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlaying data on ipod gen5

Post by Harry »

Sure you have allowed LapTimer to access your Photo library? Did you get an error message or a warning during overlaying?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Never2
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Never2 »

I received no warning message but I'll have to figure out the access to photo library issue
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Start the Settings app (the one with the gray / silver gears), select "Privacy", select "Photo", and allow access by LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Never2
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Never2 »

Thanks, Harry. It was the photo library access.

Frank
pnoy997
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pnoy997 »

I am frustrated and confused. After figuring it out last night I was able to overlay 2 videos of me manually running around in my neighborhood. I tried today and can not make it happen again. Lap list>edit>overlay>then red overlay>. Then I get error message "failed as either video or data were missing or corrupted. I have a video with a "track" and "video" icon, but get same message. Some videos dont have "track" icon too. How did I do it last time? Help Harry! Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

pnoy997 wrote:I am frustrated and confused. After figuring it out last night I was able to overlay 2 videos of me manually running around in my neighborhood. I tried today and can not make it happen again. Lap list>edit>overlay>then red overlay>. Then I get error message "failed as either video or data were missing or corrupted. I have a video with a "track" and "video" icon, but get same message. Some videos dont have "track" icon too. How did I do it last time? Help Harry! Thanks!
The message "failed as either video or data were missing or corrupted" appears if either the video is not available (usually you will see a NO VIDEO icon in Preview), or your lap has no data recorded. In case you have no GPS data, no track icon appears (exception: in case you have 2 fixes only, LT will show the track icon, but reject the overlay nevertheless). Question is why you do not have data recordings... As we are in an iPod thread, which device did you use and had you checked GPS accuracy? Please check this article on a how to: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pnoy997
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pnoy997 »

:D Yeah! I was able to make it work or find out why it didn't work on my Iphone 5. The things I noticed... I was not getting a constant signal or fix from my GPS even though I see a blue dot blinking, no MPH change as I walk and noticed my fix time not current. When I open the App I noticed sometimes it would make a "car starting" sound when opening App, that would fix my non-fix signal and everything was updating every second. I was then able to overlay a video. If I could not get my app to open with a "car starting sound" I went to "tracks" then hit the refresh icon on the on the top of the add-ons, then it ask for update or full reload, I'd hit full reload, then everything started again with that "car starting" and I was GPS fixed again.
Harry can you help explain these events? Thanks in advance. I will play with my HLT tomorrow to get used to it for my track day next weekend!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, you get a starting sound (btw - it will be changed in v17) whenever LapTimer is started newly. This actually happens when LapTimer has not been used for a longer time (and so got removed from memory by iOS), or if the app crashed. You will not get this sound if you just send the app to background (using the home button) and pull it forward again (e.g. pressing the icon). So it sounds like things work with LapTimer having started freshly, but not in other situations... The Track / Full Reload will load the track list and force a reload of all the icons. You do not want to do things like that usually (use Refesh please) as it takes long, practically doubles the space consumed by icons, and is is not necessary mostly. I believe the description you gave is incomplete at this point? It sounds like LapTimer crashes when press Full Reload, you start it again(?), and get the car sound again?

Actually this is all a but wired...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image