Creating a new track configuration

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Creating a new track configuration

Post by devenh »

I want to create a new track configuration and fortunately ran across your thread on "Removing Conflicts," which was helpful.

Does a new track configuration have to be created from scratch or can I somehow make a copy of an existing configuration and edit it? If so, what are the steps required to make a copy?

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating a new track configuration

Post by Harry »

Just download a track set and start editing it. Once you have changed / added / deleted POIs, rename the track set (Manage List in Lap List) and send it for certification. :-)

Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Okay, I have the Reno Fernley H course loaded. I have ~30 laps associated with this course. I edit the course and rename it as Reno Fernley K, but all my previous laps are renamed to Reno Fernley K also. I'd like to keep those identified as Reno Fernley H.

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Workaround: rename H to X. Download H again. Ignore message your tracks overlap. Rename H to K. Rename X to H again. Once you have K submitted you need to either purge all the H or all the K POIs, LT will not work with both track sets loaded. Once K is online, you can load them alternating (without losing laps).

Harry
Image Image Image Image