Track not recording

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Track not recording

Post by devenh »

I've created my own track driving around the block and this works fine.

I downloaded the Reno-Fernley A raceway onto my iPhone 4s, but when I go around the track, no laps are recorded. Since this is probably a case of new user inexperience, what sort of things should I check for?

Looking at the Reno-Fernley A track, the Start/Finish POI was not in the middle of the track (especially compared to Reno-Fernley H). How close do you actually have to drive by the Start/Finish POI to trigger it?

Thanks,

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Track not recording

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please have a look into the following topic as it addresses situations like this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2
A trigger needs to be within the so called 'detection corridor' to get used. You can set this corridor to "Narrow", "Normal", "Wide" in Settings. The actual distance for normal is 15m PLUS current GPS accuracy. So if you have an accuracy of e.g. 10 meters, the distance of the position your car passes the trigger needs to be 15m/2+10m = 17.5 meters.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Okay, went out to the Reno-Fernley (conf. H) track today for three sessions with LT Pro 16.0.5.

First session I had my iPhone in portrait orientation and the Acceleration window open. No laps were recorded.

After discussing with some other LT users, placed the phone in landscape orientation, displayed the Timer screen, and pressed the Video button, and LT did record the laps and video.

So, question, what was I doing wrong initially?

Also, does LT Pro have a trip computer screen? If so, how do I access it? Closest thing I have found is the GPS screen.

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Neither orientation, nor selected view should influence the data recording and timing function... Maybe GPS reception changed over time or the line driven (relative to the trigger) has changed... Next time, if LT does not start, just set the detection corridor from 'Normal' to 'Wide' to check if this is the issue. The settings is available in LT's Setting screen.

LT indeed has a Trip Computer included. Press 'More' and 'Trip Computer' to get it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

LT's settings screen is only accessible from the iPhone's Settings app, right? No way to jump to it directly from LT?

Still don't see the Trip Computer screen. Under More I have GPS, Vehicle List, Video List, Online, Guide, Help, & Tracks. On the bottom of the screen I have Timer, Lap List, Acceleratation, Map, & More. v16.0.05 Pro. iPhone 4s.

Thanks,

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Do you see a small pacifier in the bottom right? This means you have selected Easy Mode. This hides several views. To turn to Advanced again, select the Guide, select Define User, select Advanced Mode.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image