Post Your Track Toy Here

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
lunat1ck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Post Your Track Toy Here

Post by lunat1ck »

I am *truly* impressed -- you have the lowest track car budget I have ever heard of. I have to spend more $$ replacing my front rotors and pads than you did to buy your entire car!! And I'm pretty sure you're having just as much fun as I am.

This is why I am starting to shop for a used Spec Miata.....
Spinnetti
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Spinnetti »

1985 Toyota Corolla AE86 SCCA Improved Touring car - Had it 20 Years!
Grattan
Mid-Ohio
Blackhawk Farms
IRP
Putnam Park (this picture from there today - 2 other guys there were running HLT)
Others over the years.
Attachments
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG (74.14 KiB) Viewed 14047 times
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

lunat1ck wrote:I am *truly* impressed -- you have the lowest track car budget I have ever heard of. I have to spend more $$ replacing my front rotors and pads than you did to buy your entire car!! And I'm pretty sure you're having just as much fun as I am.

We're not the fastest on track, it means you cannot rely on the accelerator to catch up, you have to learn how to carry speed through corners.
We can hassle an Elise through corners though, although they lose us on the straight!
H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

hms wrote:
lunat1ck wrote:I am *truly* impressed -- you have the lowest track car budget I have ever heard of. I have to spend more $$ replacing my front rotors and pads than you did to buy your entire car!! And I'm pretty sure you're having just as much fun as I am.

We're not the fastest on track, it means you cannot rely on the accelerator to catch up, you have to learn how to carry speed through corners.
We can hassle an Elise through corners though, although they lose us on the straight!
H
Momentum cars ftw. My last instructor was a spec miata champ and I never *not* touched the brakes so much lol.
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Good luck finding the spec Miata.
H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

sylvain007
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sylvain007 »

Lotus Elise 2003 135R
135 bhp
750Kg
Lots of fun
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

A good friend of mine, André, and me were at the Nordschleife for a car meeting in summer 2003 and did a Touristenfahrten-lap afterwards. Back then, I didn't even know "regular" people were allowed to drive on the Track!
End of 2011, I finally bought an XBox to play some online games with him, including (mostly) Forza Motorsport 4. We ended up driving almost only on the Nordschleife, not only because we drove there in real life years ago, but also because it ist such an awesome track. After a few weeks, it became clear we had to go to Nürburg again.
Wich we did.
The second time we went there was on my birthday, and André texted me I shall download Harry's LapTimer. He'd pay. But he wanted to try it out. So I downloaded it, but we hit by the feature load, and hardly had a clue to use it.
Also, on this day, we didn't drive our own cars, but rented a Suzuki Swift Sport from Rent4Ring. André was already considering to buy one of their "old" ones, and after a lot of consideration on my part, we bought NN in November.
Sadly, while he test drove it in summer (without me), I was unable to drive it on the Ring yet. I do, however, drive it on the road to have standing all the time. And because it had some technical difficulties, wich I described here.

However, here's the car.
Exterior
Exterior
484951_523263811019283_2122456467_n.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 13813 times
Please note that the wheels are the standard wheels that we used with normal street tires during the winter (and probably racing in the rain at some point). Normally, the car has 15" Motecs mentioned below.

And the inside.
Interior
Interior
598612_523263857685945_2092749379_n.jpg (38.48 KiB) Viewed 13813 times
While the cockpit still has most of the interior sans the roof and windscreen pillar/a-column, the back seat is gone and so is almost everything else.

I quote Rent4Ring:
Manufacturer Suzuki
Model Swift Sport Stage 2
Engine 1.6ltr inline four cylinder
Front wheel drive
Transmission 5-speed manual
Power 125+bhp
Weight 1025kg
Pro laptime 8m45s BTG
• Stripped out and fitted with a full Weichers rollcage, racing seats and harnesses
• Upgraded H&R suspension with modified geometry
• Toyo R888 grooved semi-slicks fitted to wider, lightweight, 15" Motec alloys
• Racing four-into-one exhaust and sports air intake
• Upgraded brakes with top-spec Endless Racing pads, fluid and hoses.
I am desperately looking forward to summer, now that I have spent some time with HLT on what I refer to as a "logical test track". That is, some POIs and a start/stop trigger around my town. ;-)

And sorry for the long post, but I think just make & model and a picture is a little too less. ;-)
zonagravedad
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by zonagravedad »

Well, I don't really do motorsports, I race the spanish and european soapbox championhips...
This little beast is gravity powered, weights 70Kg and has full suspension, 4 hydraulic disc brakes with cockpit-adjustable balance bar, 3 security arches an 3 point harness.
We use open or closed cockpit according to track and weather conditions.
We reach max speeds around 100-130 Km/h and a respectable 0,9-1,1 G of sustained lateral acceleration.
I REALLY love gravity racing because you have to be extremely precise and delicate while drving. You have no engine to recover mistakes and, usually, the one who brakes less is the one who wins...
And driving style and racing line are slightly different from race cars.
Anyone wants to make a race going down a mountain road with his engine off? ;)
You have a lot of info ( in spanish ) at http://www.zonagravedad.com
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.38 KiB) Viewed 13749 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Awesome! Please consider posting to www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer too!

- Harry

P.S. Can do that for you in case you do not want to join FB.
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

I have a RenaultSport Clio 200 and a RenaultSport Megane 265 Trophy which is the current lap holder for a front wheel production car round the full Nordschleife circuit in 8 min 8 seconds and is just 1 of 50 made for the UK market.

not on facebook Harry but feel free to add me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=327qP5Tyfy4[/youtube]