goPoint GL1 OBD-II

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
MasterC17
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

goPoint GL1 OBD-II

Post by MasterC17 »

Any idea if we could get support for this product: http://www.amazon.com/goPoint-Technolog ... 00336S7KS/

It appears to work with DashCommand so I presume they would be willing to give Harry the API.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: goPoint GL1 OBD-II

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I was in contact with goPoint already, they provided me with everything I'd need to integrate. Two problems remain: I do not have a goPoint Dongle to test (but probably someone in this forum can help as remote tester), and I need to find the time to program this. In case you do not want to wait, please go for one of the ELM327 based WLAN sensors, they are supported already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

I just took a quick look at the goPoint Homepage. Seems like this one too only supports never vehicles. Is there any supported OBD device out there which is capable of older protocols like KWP1281 ? Apparently this one does:
http://www.obdkey.com/wifi/index.asp
But they don't seem to be very interested in cooperating with Harry :(
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

May anyone with an OBDKey WLAN at hand check if it works with LapTimer Pro 13.3?
Please goto Settings -> Expert Settings and set the OBD Host to 192.168.0.74 and Port 23.
Then please connect to the Dongle's Peer to Peer WLAN and start LapTimer Pro afterwards.
Navigate to Sensor List and check if a connection to 'Custom OBD' gets established.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MasterC17
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MasterC17 »

Harry wrote:Hi,

I was in contact with goPoint already, they provided me with everything I'd need to integrate. Two problems remain: I do not have a goPoint Dongle to test (but probably someone in this forum can help as remote tester), and I need to find the time to program this. In case you do not want to wait, please go for one of the ELM327 based WLAN sensors, they are supported already.

- Harry
If I were to buy one could we work together to get the support for it? No rush.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

OBDKey WLAN, yes, that should be possible easily. The goPoint takes more time as it uses a completely different communication scheme.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MasterC17
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MasterC17 »

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

MasterC17 wrote:I take it this would work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0548706544.
Looks like a (un)branded version of KiwiWifi?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MasterC17
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MasterC17 »

Harry wrote:
MasterC17 wrote:I take it this would work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0548706544.
Looks like a (un)branded version of KiwiWifi?

- Harry
Basically looks like a Chinese copy of the Kiwi so getting it to work should be easy. Hopefully it won't break in a year, may take the chance. Still trying to figure out the best combo for GPS & OBD-II.
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by doborder »

Any news on goPoint GL1 OBD-II.?

With all the problems with wifi OBD-II connections, I would think this product with be high on your integration list.
My current setup is with OBD KEY and Bluetooth external gps via Roqy which works well except my OBD only updates at 3hz for my car... I wonder if the update rate would be better if I connect the OBD directly to the iPhone.