Compatibility of Harry's Laptimer with Racebox Mini's Accelerometer

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
antinneo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Compatibility of Harry's Laptimer with Racebox Mini's Accelerometer

Post by antinneo »

I am currently using Harry's Laptimer Grand Prix and I'm interested in understanding if it's possible to utilize the accelerometer integrated into the Racebox Mini rather than relying on the phone's accelerometer.

While the phone's accelerometer can be temporarily fixed and removed, I believe that the Racebox Mini (fixed tightly on car) may offer a more stable and reliable measurement. I'm keen to explore this option for enhanced accuracy and stability during my usage.

Could you kindly provide guidance or information on how I might leverage the Racebox Mini's accelerometer within current version of the Harry's Laptimer Grand Prix?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility of Harry's Laptimer with Racebox Mini's Accelerometer

Post by Harry »

Racebox's accelerometer is not supported. Transferring this data on top of GPS would be too much for BT LE bandwidth. The only benefit would be the named fixed install position making LapTimer acceleration rotation obsolete. Smartphone IMU sensors are pretty precise and update rates are high.
Image Image Image Image