Theoretical Best Time is wrong

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
essell
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Theoretical Best Time is wrong

Post by essell »

Hello,

I have an issue with the Theoretical Best Time, which is calculated by the best split times of one track.
Maybe it's important, how I use Laptimer. I use Laptimer Grand Prix Edition on my older iphone, which is mounted on my motorbike. After each track day, I do a backup whoch is sent to my email account. This backup will always be imported to Laptimer Grand Prix Edition, which is running also on my newer Iphone. I always delete all the rounds on the newer iphone before I import the backup of my older Iphone.

Now I get wrong and even different "Theoretical Best Times" for each track. The Theoretical Best Time is always higher than the really captured round times. This occurs on every track which I was driving on.

Can this somehow be corrected?

I use v24.8.2.

Regards,
Sascha
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Theoretical Best Time is wrong

Post by Harry »

The virtual best may show wrong results in case the laps analyzed come with an inconsistent number of sector times. This results in different sectors being compared and yields either a too high or too low virtual best. To trouble shoot, please goto Analysis and tap the bat chart. Make sure the virtual best in the bar chart shown is wrong (you can zoom in) and create a snapshot of the whole chart afterwards. Post that snapshot here.

It should look similar to this one:
IMG_7359.PNG
IMG_7359.PNG (221.14 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Image Image Image Image