Dual xGPS160 Android Connection Issues

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Robgti03
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Dual xGPS160 Android Connection Issues

Post by Robgti03 »

I recently got a dual xGps 160 that I am using with my galaxy S22 FE. The first time I tried it it worked fine, I turned gps on, paired the gps with my phone, went to sensor list in HLT and added the dual xGps, and it connected fine.

The next day I tried to connect again but it didn't work. I turned the gps on, go into HLT, I see the dual xGps as an option in sensor list, but it won't connect no matter how long I wait.

I figured out the only way to get it to work was anytime the xGps turns off and then back on, I have to unpair the xGps with my Bluetooth, then re pair it, and then re add the sensor in HLT.

Does anyone know a workaround to having to unpair and re pair the gps evertime I turn it on?
Robgti03
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Dual xGPS160 Android Connection Issues

Post by Robgti03 »

Also wanted to clarify that I don't think this is a HLT issue. This happens when I connect the gps to dual's own app. One the gps turns off, I have to repair the gps everytime I want to connect.
aMacUzr
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Dual xGPS160 Android Connection Issues

Post by aMacUzr »

FWIW, I've used a couple of these with iOS phones for years and they've both been "flakey" ... one day the BT connection will work fine and the next day I constantly have to fight with it, including:
- disable/re-enable BT on iOS (and re-pair)
- turn off/on XGPS160
- reboot iPhone
- any combination of the above

I've never been able to determine any pattern to distinguish why it does/doesn't "flake" on any given day.