Turn off gear shift pop up

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
KAZUNA
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Turn off gear shift pop up

Post by KAZUNA »

I think this red shifter popup is to suggest shifting up the gear (I can barely read it).
Is there a setting to turn it off?

I was under the impression that it was warning something but I would like to turn it off if it is just a suggestion.
Attachments
RedShift.jpg
RedShift.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turn off gear shift pop up

Post by Harry »

The shift flash is a warning once you approach the end of your engines rev range. It is a hint to shift up a gear to not run into the limiter. You can adjust its behavior: make sure you have set the correct Max RPM in your vehicle's details first. In case it is too low, you will see the warning too early. Furthermore, there is a percentage of this rev range the shift flash appears. For me, 85% works great. Mostly, I shift early enough to not get the flash, but it warns me in case I missed the threshold. Instead of turning the feature off by setting the percentage to 100%, I recommend increasing the current value slightly.
Image Image Image Image
KAZUNA
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KAZUNA »

So I can simply set Max RPM higher enough (e.g. red zone end instead of red zone start) so I won't see the shift flash. Gotcha.
KAZUNA
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KAZUNA »

In my case, I can simply set Shift Flash to 100% as mine is DCT.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please set the correct Max RPM, it is used in other areas too. To get no flash, use 100%
Image Image Image Image