Overlay laps

Request and discussion on new / to change features
petermbooth
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Overlay laps

Post by petermbooth »

Maybe this already exists….

I’d like to be able to look at a lap visually. This would be an icon representing my vehicle as it moves around a map of the track I was on. Then I would want to choose two laps (for example a lap from today and my best lap ever) and see the two icons move around the track so that I could see where I’m making/losing time.

Does this feature exist? I was able to do it on the software that came with my qstarz BT-1000 lap timer but I hated the rest of the interface of that software.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlay laps

Post by Harry »

While LapTimer has a Map view allowing the comparison of two lines driven, it is not the recommended view to do a win/loss analysis. To do the later, use LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Lap List ‣ any lap ‣ Data Recordings / Charts ‣ Charts. Use e.g. the initial speed view to see two laps side by side. The blue graph in the rear is the key to understand where you have actually won or lost time. It depicts the overall win / loss. In case the blue graph is going up steeply, you have lost time compared to reference and vice versa.

You may want to have a look into page #20 of our Train the Trainer document too: http://www.gps-laptimer.com/TrainTheTrainer-Harrys.pdf

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
petermbooth
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Overlay laps

Post by petermbooth »

This Train The Trainer document is very helpful. Do you have any other explanation/documentation about how to access/navigate/use the analysis tools?