Andriod 13 & Garmin glo2 connection issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ZephyrSpeedshop
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Andriod 13 & Garmin glo2 connection issue

Post by ZephyrSpeedshop »

Morning Guys,

I cant connect my GLO to my phone, once paired it drops to 'Peiviously connected devices' and cant be selected. it does the same in lap timer. where it shows up but cannot be selected, just says 'not availible'
if i use the third party app i can connect laptimer via the 'Pixel sensor' (goes from 1hz to 5hz when using the GLO in the background) alothught laptimer disconnects the GLO and reverts to the phones sensor. when using maps. the GLO will stay connected, and provide very good GPS location data.

should I beable to select laptimer as a 'mock location provier' ? as to me with my limited knowledge this would solve it as the thridparty app needs this to connect to the GLO.
phone is a PIxel 6a
GLO firmwire is the latest.

im not sure how but i did beifly have laptimer conected to the GLO last night but i needed the thirdparty app running, (it was proving 9hz data) however i cant repeat that this moring. (was going to test it on my way into work)

ZephyrSpeedshop
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Andriod 13 & Garmin glo2 connection issue

Post by ZephyrSpeedshop »

I think I've sorted it, planning to do some testing tomorrow.

Initially lap timer wouldn't connect to the GLO. But after installing the third party app and setting it up. I never tried Lap timer. With it uninstalled. Last night i must have managed to connect lap timer without the third party app running.

As with it uninstalled. Lap timer can use the GLO . My phone still can't connect to it with out the third party app. But that's not really a problem as I only need it for lap timer.

It must have been Todo with the developer options, as I only changed those once prompted by the third party app.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. As planning to test the gopro overlay. Unfortunately the cheapy obd reader I had isn't good enough. So ordered one from the list.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Andriod 13 & Garmin glo2 connection issue

Post by Harry »

I'm sorry for the late reply.

LapTimer either accesses sensors directly (see Sensor List), or uses Android location information. The later is usually provided by the internal GPS. However, there are so called helper apps feeding their data into Android which in turn is making this locations accessible to all apps that use GPS.

For Android 12 and 13, direct access is broken currently. I will release a bug fix release shortly.

Till then, please use this helper app and do not add the sensors to Sensor List.

Once LapTimer is fixed, please delete the helper app and add your GLO as a BT device in Sensor List.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image