Did I lose my first video?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Sunvox
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Did I lose my first video?

Post by Sunvox »

I purchased Petrolhead today and used it at Lime Rock. I have a video from my first session that is stored on my phone, but my afternoon session which I viewed on my phone now shows no videos. Any idea on where they went or what I am doing wrong?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Did I lose my first video?

Post by Harry »

iOS, Android? LapTimer deletes video after confirmation only. This includes using the Housekeeping function in Administration / Databases. Any operation in this direction you can remember?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Sunvox
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Sunvox »

Hi Harry,

First again - vielen danke! Your program is simply amazing and worth 10 times what you charge.

My phone is an iPhone 13 mini with iOS 15.7.

This is very odd. I ended my session and pushed STOP then <back then ANALYSIS then LAP LIST and I could see my videos. I selected my fastest lap and it started playing. Then I closed the app down, but what steps I took I can't remember unfortunately and maybe that is where I lost my videos, but I definitely did not select ADMINISTRATION at any time. Next I went into the main club lounge where there is WiFi to which my phone connects automatically and when I opened Laptimer my videos were gone.

I'm not too worried about the loss of video, but I'd like to try and learn what I did or didn't do properly so I don't do it again.

Could the videos have been sent to some iCloud account that was not mine?

I checked my iCloud and the video from my morning session is there, but not my afternoon session.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Videos recorded are stored into LapTimer's so called sandbox. This is an app-private folder where all the data LapTimer manages is stored. LapTimer has only three code positions a video delete can be triggered and all of these are protected by some user interaction. I case the video is deleted nevertheless, it is probably some kind of un-expected OS operation. I will monitor that topic. Without having a reproducible scenario, it is hard to investigate.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image