Overlay Issue, Red Exclamation

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Neoncrazy101
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Overlay Issue, Red Exclamation

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

Hello, had my first track day and was using this App to record through my phone, Android. I ran about 5 sessions and all recorded fine. I was able to export the overlay onto 4 of the sessions but for the very last session I can't do an overlay on. Next to the video is a large red exclamation mark. I can go into the lap review and I can see the laps and the laps have a video preview but there's no telemetry. Any idea how I can get the telemetry onto that last session?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlay Issue, Red Exclamation

Post by Harry »

Hello,

A red exclamation sign means this video isn‘t assigned any lap. Usually, this assignment is done automatically. Before fiddling with a re-assignment, please check the following:

In Lap List, make sure you see a fifth session at all. You may have a video but no matching laps (eg storage problem). In case you see this laps, they will either not have a video assigned at all, the video assigned is missing, or a valid video is linked. This video will not be the one you saw a red exclamation for, because it says this video isn‘t linked currently. I‘m aware identifying videos is not easy, but this needs to be re-checked first.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Neoncrazy101
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

I do see the laps in lap list and when I click on the lap a thumbnail of the video is shown.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So there is a video associated. Is it the wrong one? You can check by touching the thumbnail.
Image Image Image Image
Neoncrazy101
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

It is the correct one. I verified it multiple times. It was easy to verify due to it being the only session I had without my driving instructor in the car. Is there a way of like, relinking or something?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case it is the right video, I don‘t understand the problem? Press Video / Export to overlay.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Neoncrazy101
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

I'm not given the option to export. I'm not given any options at all. This is from the video screen.
No Option.png
No Option.png (155.5 KiB) Viewed 603 times
Video.png
Video.png (809.17 KiB) Viewed 603 times
I did just notice that lap 39 is the first lap of this set and that lap has the time, speed, sectors and splits, but shows no video as being assigned, from lap 40 to lap 52 it has video and that video does line up to the one I screened shot.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, so you need to reassign that video. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI for instructions.
Image Image Image Image