GoPro 10 supported?

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro 10 supported?

Post by Harry »

I will either use that library or ask users to go the manual integration - which is possible for all action cams. It has become increasingly difficult to integrate GoPros the last years.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

i fully understand your opinion. But I think one day it will be necessary to add support for newer cameras. Because no one want´s to keep old cameras only for use with them your app. For example I´m replacing cams every approx 4 years (I had GP3, then 7 and now 11)

Even if it should be another paid add-on into app. I think many people will appriciate it, and they will not have any problem to pay for it. They, same as I do, want "all-in-one" package, and don´t bother with manual sync. etc.

And try to look at it from business view. As far as I know, at this moment none of the lap timer apps supports newer cams, if you will be the firts, then it could rise your profits from this app because you can offer something that no one else can.

Try to think about it ;)
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi Harry,

recently I discovered one thing. I bought GP11 (I don´t have any experience with GP9/10, I had 3+Black and 7 Black, now 11), and it finally supports BlueTooth control like old GoPro 3/4 again. Now, if you don´t want to stream video, then all commands are via BT, only if you turn on video stream it will switch to WiFi connection.

So I think it will be much easier to implement support for GP11 into app

What do you think about it?
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

GoPro migrated from pure WiFi communication (3+4) to a combined BT+WiFi pattern for later generations.
Image Image Image Image
Jan718GT4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jan718GT4 »

Hi Harry,

Thanks for a great app. (GrandPrix Edition)

According to your web page only GoPro 3,4, 5, 6, 7 is compatible - Is that correct?

(I am iOS/iphone user)

I tried to connect my old GoPro 3+
- It connects perfect
- but it requires manual import of movies (which I will never do in real life)

>> What external cam do you recommend for a seamless workflow/operation?

> The camera must support the feature to display videos in LapTimer’s Video List directly

> Is there any new releases planned for additional support?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Any external action cam will require you to transfer footage to your smartphone. The benefit from integration (opposed to simply adding any external video) is that LapTimer triggers the cam in sync with sessions driven.
Image Image Image Image