connection UniCarScan UCSI-2000/2100 with iOS

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Blackfrosch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

connection UniCarScan UCSI-2000/2100 with iOS

Post by Blackfrosch »

Hi together,

I am using the adapter in the link under Android with Harry LapTimer - and with BimmerLink/Code in iOS

https://www.wgsoft.de/shop/obd-2-komple ... oseadapter

like mentioned title I am wondering how to connect it with HLT under iOS. It should at least work with Standard ELM327 "Settings".
It is not possible to pair it with bluetooth in iOS, only select it when App supports it. HLT does not, but there must be custom settings, that make a usage possible.
I dont see any field/option to put data in :( In sensor settings it is saying "mention port and adress in options"
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: connection UniCarScan UCSI-2000/2100 with iOS

Post by Harry »

Hello,

I assume the adapter can be connected using BT Low Energy when using iOS. It is not Made for iPhone certified, so that is the only option they have. To connect a BT LE device, a pairing is not required.

However, this adapter is not predefined in LapTimer. So what needs to be done is configuring it as a Custom BTLE OBD Adapter.

This is done in LapTimer's Expert Settings. You can find instructions in chapter "Configuration of Custom BTLE Sensors" of Engine documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

As the UUIDs that need to be entered are not documented on their web site, you need to use a tool like LightBlue to investigate them.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
galahad
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by galahad »

Hi Harry
I thought I’d made a post about them same issue last week, but it’s vanished?

I have the same unit and uses Bluelight to scan for the UUIDs, but I can’t work out what the send and receive UUIDs are using this method. Screen shot attached.
IMG_1991.png
IMG_1991.png (258.87 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Can you assist?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Characteristic for send UUID is FFF2, receive UUID is FFF1.
Image Image Image Image
financefir
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by financefir »

Blackfrosch wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:20 pm Hi together,

I am using the adapter in the link under Android with Harry LapTimer - and with BimmerLink/Code in iOS

https://www.wgsoft.de/shop/obd-2-komple ... oseadapter basket random
like mentioned title I am wondering how to connect it with HLT under iOS. It should at least work with Standard ELM327 "Settings".
It is not possible to pair it with bluetooth in iOS, only select it when App supports it. HLT does not, but there must be custom settings, that make a usage possible.
I dont see any field/option to put data in :( In sensor settings it is saying "mention port and adress in options"
When using iOS, I believe the adaptor may be linked using BT Low Energy. That is their only choice because it isn't Made for iPhone approved. A BT LE device does not need to be paired in order to connect.