Newbie basic questions.

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Sunvox
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Newbie basic questions.

Post by Sunvox »

I am certain that these questions have been asked and answered many times over so my apologies to any and all that take the time to reply

First I am a very lucky man who just took possession of a 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS4.0 and am also a member of the Lime Rock Driver's Club. This is not my first tracking experience, and I do own an older model AIM Solo, but sadly I bent the pins on the OBDII cable that came with the unit, and now I can not find a replacement. So . . . I would like to use Harry's Lap Timer.

My questions are fairly simple:

1) I have an old iPhone SE. Can I use that as a dedicated timer?
2) Does the old SE suffer from the shaky video due to internal stabilization?
3) What OBDII connection is most often used for Porsche these days?
4) What is the preferred window mount option for iPhone?

Thanks to any that take time to answer!

Joe in NY
Sunvox
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Newbie basic questions.

Post by Sunvox »

I already had a RAM Mount for my AIM Solo so I just bought an X-Mount to attach to that mount so it seems I have answered question number 4, but I was considering the OBDLink shown below. Is that a good answer to question 3?

Thanks again.
OBDLink.jpg
OBDLink.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

#1 Depends on the SE generation (there are three), for gen 1 and 2 you need to try.
#2 Probably, you need to try again. We do not test every model, but some other readers may add their experience.
#3 I'd recommend the CX instead of the MX+, but both are fine for iOS and your Porsche.
#4 Exactly, RAM mount, X-Grip is fine.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mischi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mischi »

hye Harry, another newbie Question:

I try to overlay a video with another „Referenz“-Video in a second Window right above.
But i can‘t follow your instructions in the video—Dokumentation, maybe it´s describing an older Version and procedere changes in laptimer GP-edition v24.6
Standard video overlay works properly, but i don‘t find the Buttons to add the second „Referenz“-video in the
„Splitscreen“.
Can you describe the „how to“ procedere in short words.

thanks
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The reference video is pulled automatically in case the reference lap has a video associated and in case you run LapTimer GrandPrix.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mischi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mischi »

thx, it works!

Was just confused about the video documentation, that describes it different.

Great App, very useful, thanks for all.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The documentation says:
Reference Video will add a picture in picture video of the reference lap in case it is selected. Availability of this switch depends on the LapTimer Edition (GrandPrix required), a reference lap set, and the availability of the video for the reference lap.
This should be inline with what the app actually does? The only thing I see is that the "Reference Video" switch is ON by default while the text kind of suggest to fiddle with it. The switch is on the second page in Overlay Configuration (iOS) or in the bottom (Android).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image