Laptimer does not start timing a lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Tripper
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Laptimer does not start timing a lap

Post by Tripper »

I've been a user for several years and not had an issue before. I'm using GP Edition v24.6.0.177 on an iPhone 11 and an external Vbox GPS.

I haven't changed anything about the setup since it was last working properly which was March this year, other than applying updates.

On the last two trips to Bedford Autodrome HLT does not start timing when I cross the start/finish line. GPS signal is good (google maps gets the exact bay I'm parked in) and the Racelogic Laptimer app works fine (other than the fact that it sucks). I also tried using the internal GPS just in case. Over status is all greens except video (which I don't use).

Looking at previous responses to this issue I tried setting Wide Corridor and Deviation Directed Trigger to 80.

Any ideas?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptimer does not start timing a lap

Post by Harry »

Hello,

This is the FAQ with all the possible causes for missing lap recordings: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2
I assume you have checked most of the items named already. Nevertheless, please walk through it again to probably find the problem. You can send a mail using the Contact button on LapTimer's startup screen too, this allows us to check your settings.

Skipping the use of VBOX Sport is a good idea to troubleshoot. BT connections to accessories are a frequent issue with iOS updates. Please make sure other GPS apps (including Racelogic's) are not active in background. Kill or uninstall them.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Tripper
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Laptimer does not start timing a lap

Post by Tripper »

Yes, I went through that thread while I was at the track yesterday.

There are no status warnings and the phone is mounted on the dashboard. I've sent you an email from within the app as you suggested.