Driver list and association with laps

Request and discussion on new / to change features
cars4enjoying
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Driver list and association with laps

Post by cars4enjoying »

The car list is great for a day out at the track, allow cars to be swapped over and associated nicely with each lap.

It would be great if the same functionality existed for drivers too with only one global driver you need to remember to edit the main setting when working though the laps and rendering out.

In the same way you can correct the car details, it would also be good to do this with driver per lap / session, as I'm sure someone will forget to change on the day hence need a way to correct.

I thought it saved the data against each lap, so ended up having to re-render most the videos when I noticed the wrong driver after changing it for one session.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Driver list and association with laps

Post by Harry »

LapTimer's design is indeed focussed on one person using one smartphone on multiple tracks with multiple cars. Several users using one smartphone is not addressed. You may consider using tags to separate laps by driver / condition. That's what they are made for. Furthermore, LapTimer allows filtering Lap List based on tagging.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cars4enjoying
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Driver list and association with laps

Post by cars4enjoying »

I expected as much and already have used the tag for drivers :)

It's mainly when it comes to rendering out as the driver name / id is on screen so would be nice to support this without having to edit the setup between renders, particularly useful for family sessions.