Lost laps?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
JC_F80
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lost laps?

Post by JC_F80 »

I haven't used the Laptimer for two years, so bear with me here.
The setup at "my" track is that we run 8-10 10min sessions, each consisting of around 10-14 laps. Yes, it is a short track :)
On my last track day, the Laptimer recorded 106 laps.

I just came back from my first track day in 2 years with zero laps recorded.
I tested everything yesterday and again this morning. Yesterday I could not get the video re-sync/download, but if not all, at least most "laps" were recorded.

My setup:
- iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15.5
- Laptimer GP Edition v24.6
- RaceLogic VBox Sport, set at 10Hz
- GoPro Hero 6 BE (Selected first in Settings, then in Timer view Video as Master)
- OBDLink Cx

In the very first session, I didn't try to start anything up, but before the second session, I tried to start up the Laptimer and all sensors, etc. It was not always easy to connect, but I had several sessions where everything was showing green, except the Battery (had no cable, but plenty of battery), and the OBD sync (or refresh) rate low. It seemed to work, beeped when I crossed the start/finish line etc. Sometimes it seemed like it lost connection with the VBox. I noticed because I had set up a trigger for the Pit-stop to cancel the last cool-down lap. One time it didn't work.
In Analysis under Lap List I see the two short manual recordings from this morning, but nothing from the track. There are video files under Video List, however. Is there any chance that the laps are recorded, and you can repair the DB?
Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost laps?

Post by Harry »

Problems with the DB usually result in crashes or issues when looking into detailed data. As long as the recordings / laps do not even show up in Lap List, the data has most probably not been recorded. It is very hard to make a theory on what happened from remote and after the fact. Are you sure you heard the s/f beep for laps that are missing in Lap List now? In case an external sensor does not deliver data, but stays connected, laps will be missed. However, for the pattern you would hear a beep either.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image