RaceBox Mini

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: RaceBox Mini

Post by vafan13 »

I was completely fine with the racebox mini connecting late last fall. I got it back out for the first time today and with v24.8 (on galaxy s10e) it won't even see the device on the sensors list. I can see the mini on the phone's Bluetooth screen and it works fine in the racebox app. I see others with the same issue. Is there a bug in v28?

I've done two two-day events (last sep and now) since getting this and not been able to use it at either because of issues working with LapTimer. Very disappointing.
AndyGrz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AndyGrz »

Same here. 24.7 on Android connected to the Racebox Mini at 25Hz. With 24.8, I don't get it to show up at all.

The Racebox app finds it without any issues. It also doesn't matter if I uninstall the Racebox app or not. Is there a way to downgrade the app to 24.7?
eightysixtuned
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by eightysixtuned »

Hello All,

I have emailed RaceBox regarding their new RaceBox Mini S, and its functionality not allowing Harry's LapTimer to utilize. This was their response. Regarding RaceBox Mini S, their setup as is only allows their application to initiate connection and pairing to device. Pairing is unable to complete at the system level through Android as at least with the RaceBox Mini S, there are no power buttons and bluetooth connection triggers the device to turn on. With Harry's LapTimer, the device would need to be a paired and saved device for connection. Harry's LapTimer does not have the functionality at this time to initiate the connection from Harry's LapTimer to essentially turn the RaceBox Mini S on and subsequently off when connection is no longer needed.
On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 12:16 AM RaceBox Support <support@racebox.pro> wrote:
Dear barry,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Our development team is collaborating with Harry's Laptimer team to address this issue. We anticipate an app update within the next few weeks. In the meantime, we suggest using the official RaceBox app.

Best Regards
RaceBox Team
Last edited by eightysixtuned on Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by vafan13 »

eightysixtuned wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:01 pm Hello All,

I have emailed RaceBox regarding their new RaceBox Mini S, and its functionality not allowing Harry's LapTimer to utilize. This was their response. Regarding RaceBox Mini S, their setup as is only allows their application to initiate connection and pairing to device. Pairing is unable to complete at the system level through Android as at least with the RaceBox Mini S, there are no power buttons and bluetooth connection triggers the device to turn on.
Dear barry,

Our development team is collaborating with Harry's Laptimer team to address this issue. We anticipate an app update within the next few weeks. In the meantime, we suggest using the official RaceBox app.

Best Regards
RaceBox Team
Thanks for doing that. I can't tell...are they aware that the *regular* mini isn't working, either?
eightysixtuned
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by eightysixtuned »

vafan13 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:13 pm
eightysixtuned wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:01 pm Hello All,

I have emailed RaceBox regarding their new RaceBox Mini S, and its functionality not allowing Harry's LapTimer to utilize. This was their response. Regarding RaceBox Mini S, their setup as is only allows their application to initiate connection and pairing to device. Pairing is unable to complete at the system level through Android as at least with the RaceBox Mini S, there are no power buttons and bluetooth connection triggers the device to turn on.
Dear barry,

Best Regards
RaceBox Team
Thanks for doing that. I can't tell...are they aware that the *regular* mini isn't working, either?
Not entirely sure...if it follows the same functionality as the RaceBox Mini S, then we'll possibly see functionality with an update to Harry's LapTimer, if Harry is willing to update the framework of the app.

If not following the same functionality, I would possibly recommend emailing support. I took the leap with RaceBox Mini S, as with a new product launch, they would provide more care for a successful launch by resolving these issues.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

There is a general issue with connecting to BT sensors for the current LapTimer version and Android 12 and 13. I work on a fix.
The Mini S is not supported yet, support will be added to the above bug fix release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
eightysixtuned
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by eightysixtuned »

Thanks Harry! Harry's LapTimer is still the absolute best!
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by vafan13 »

The latest update appears to have fixed it. I can now connect and record with my Mini.
AndyGrz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AndyGrz »

The new update has fixed it for me too, thanks Harry!
scmcint
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by scmcint »

I'm guessing you two don't have the new Mini S, as it's not currently working for me with v24.8 on iOS.