RaceBox Mini

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: RaceBox Mini

Post by phil9417 »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:36 pm I will do a real live test this Winter - without disturbing other sensors around. In case this works, I need to check how to further restrict connections to known devices. Actually I hoped to not need this…

Harald
Thank you,

I will use the Racebox app for lap timing until it can be resolved.

Harry's Laptimer is very popular so wrong sensor connection and/or sensor not working near multiple Laptimer apps will be an issue at track days. It was very frustrating to see Racebox on sensor list but then no laptiming on track all day.
seungw92
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by seungw92 »

Hello, Was there some update related to this topic?
I am using racebox mini on iphone 12 mini and I think I have same problem of old version.
I am using grand prix edition, v24.7.1
I am also using obdlink mx+ at the same time also.
I tracked the data and it showed external 25hz but recordings with 1s interver have gps data but fixes with 0.04s (25hz) intervers are not moving at all. Which is matching with old version problem of making 1st data and overwriting following 25 data.
I am still trying variants within daily testing of other bluetooth connections.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have submitted version 24.8 now. Once the apps appear on the stores, please make sure the correct Racebox Mini integration is used. When opening Sensor List ‣ Racebox Mini, you should see script version 1.1.7. This is verified to store data at 25 Hz.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
DaveTheWav3
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by DaveTheWav3 »

I am not able to see or connect to my RaceBox Mini from the Harry's Laptimer app. I'm using 24.8 Grand Prix edition, Android version 13. I have a trackday tomorrow, so I would love to get this working
DaveTheWav3
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by DaveTheWav3 »

This is my info from the app
matthieuxps
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by matthieuxps »

thank you so much , i try it and it's ok
bhk1004
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by bhk1004 »

I am currently on the petrolhead 24.8 and I cant get Racebox Mini to show up anywhere on the app. Is there some special instructions on how to get this connected? I am on a S22 Ultra. I have killed/deleted the Racebox app (racebox mini connects completely fine with this app). Tried to pair the racebox mini through BT like the other normal instructions and it wont pair and says it needs an app. Harry Laptimer wont show it as available and no option to try to connect through the BT tab. Appreciate any help, going out to the track sunday and just got this today so really hoping I can get this going. Saw something on another thread so also gave it all permissions and cleared cache and got nothing.
Last edited by bhk1004 on Sat May 06, 2023 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobCav
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RobCav »

Hello. I have the new update but still no race box mini accelerometer option for Race box mini. Is this the case or is there a way of connecting? Thankyou.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Acceleration is always taken from the phone’s internal sensor.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
KJNVUDU
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by KJNVUDU »

Hello all
I am in the same position as bhk1004. I have a Samsung S22+ with android 13, and HLT v24.8
I have tried disabling, and giving permissions. Even named race box mini as only sensor.
If I have missed this topic in a search, please post a link.
Thanks,
Chris