RaceBox Mini

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
AndyGrz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: RaceBox Mini

Post by AndyGrz »

I also did a test drive with 24.7 on Android, and it logs GPS at 25Hz now. Thanks for fixing it Harry!
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

I don't know what happened with the last update for iphone but the Racebox Mini is now completely not working with Harry's Laptimer.

I ran two track sessions, the connection to Racebox Mini was showing in the sensor list but I did not get any lap time at all. I could not see any satellite information by clicking on the sensor. No bars for satellite reception in the timer screen displayed. The only information is the screenshot I attached below.

I switched to using the Racebox app and it worked flawlessly for the last few sessions in my day.
Attachments
IMG_6031.PNG
IMG_6031.PNG (836.04 KiB) Viewed 297244 times
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

So one thing I did notice is that random other bluetooth devices like a veepeak BTLE device on a nearby car show up under connected sensors in Harry's Laptimer. I know a few other cars next to mine also ran Harry's Laptimer. Could my Racebox be connecting to other Laptimer apps?

What does Harry's Laptimer do when there are multiple Racebox and Harry Laptimer apps running in close proximity? Is there a way to specify which Racebox to connect to and stay connected?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

phil9417 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:41 pm So one thing I did notice is that random other bluetooth devices like a veepeak BTLE device on a nearby car show up under connected sensors in Harry's Laptimer. I know a few other cars next to mine also ran Harry's Laptimer. Could my Racebox be connecting to other Laptimer apps?

What does Harry's Laptimer do when there are multiple Racebox and Harry Laptimer apps running in close proximity? Is there a way to specify which Racebox to connect to and stay connected?
Bluetooth devices without pairing requirements (actually BT LE) are connected when discovered, automatically, and first come first serve. Once you are connected to e.g. a GPS device, other GPS devices are ignored. Furthermore, since the last LapTimer update, you can disable sensor types completely. If e.g. you get connected to a Veepeak, goto Sensor List and swipe / long press it to disabled it. You can do so front up.

We have no "lock to a specific device" currently. Actually this has not been required until Racebox Mini entered the market. It has an extremely long connection range. However, once are connected to your Racebox, others will not be able to connect.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

Harry wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:43 pm
phil9417 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:41 pm So one thing I did notice is that random other bluetooth devices like a veepeak BTLE device on a nearby car show up under connected sensors in Harry's Laptimer. I know a few other cars next to mine also ran Harry's Laptimer. Could my Racebox be connecting to other Laptimer apps?

Bluetooth devices without pairing requirements (actually BT LE) are connected when discovered, automatically, and first come first serve. Once you are connected to e.g. a GPS device, other GPS devices are ignored. Furthermore, since the last LapTimer update, you can disable sensor types completely. If e.g. you get connected to a Veepeak, goto Sensor List and swipe / long press it to disabled it. You can do so front up.

We have no "lock to a specific device" currently. Actually this has not been required until Racebox Mini entered the market. It has an extremely long connection range. However, once are connected to your Racebox, others will not be able to connect.

- Harry
Ok, this is an issue then.

I think the reason why the Racebox Mini is not working is because multiple users with Harry's Laptimer is connecting to it so it will not work with my iphone. Either that or the connection is just not working at all despite saying it is connected in Sensor List.

Racebox app can identify your own Racebox Mini device based on device number and choose to connect to it, can we have this functionality too?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will do a real live test this Winter - without disturbing other sensors around. In case this works, I need to check how to further restrict connections to known devices. Actually I hoped to not need this…

Harald
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Background of the “internal GPS”: LapTimer analyses the recording for the dominant update rate. In case it is 1Hz, “internal GPS” is displayed.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This will not change anything. Either the data is from Racebox but stored in 1Hz only (we had this for older LapTimer versions), or the Racebox doesn't deliver and is replaced by the internal sensor. In both cases, the internal sensor will be displayed as source. Internal sensors do not compete with externals, they are considered a fall back.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not currently. You are using an Android or an iOS device?
Image Image Image Image