RaceBox Mini

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: RaceBox Mini

Post by vafan13 »

phil9417 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 pm
vafan13 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:25 pm

I'm on an Android 12 phone and experiencing these issues, so I don't think it's iOS-specific. when yours says internal @1hz but you believe it to be the Mini, does the number of fixes it records line up with 1Hz or 25hz, or somewhere in between?
For the 1 Hz Racebox Mini laps, I get 130 fixes, for the 25 Hz ones, it shows 600-700 fixes. It is not 25x as many fixes for 25Hz but many more times that of 1 Hz.

Have you tried lap timing with the Racebox Mini laptimer? I wonder if it is more accurate than Harry's Laptimer.
Same as me, then. We're both getting around 5hz worth of fixes. I haven't tried the RaceBox app for laps. However, I did try the "drag race" setting recently and that worked fine, as does just using it to show mph. I also tried unintstalling the RaceBox app and that didn't help HLT.
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

I hope this is a fast fix. I want to use the Racebox Mini with HLT. Racebox Mini looks to be the best external GPS option but the integration is not consistent with HLT.

I tried opening the Racebox App, connecting, then switching to HLT. I thought the Racebox Mini was going to sleep and defaulting back to internal GPS. This doesn't help as HLT disconnects and needs to reconnect with Racebox Mini each time it comes back into the foreground. I also changed the power saving mode from the default 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Then I realized it was the Racebox Mini but it was being recorded at 1 Hz.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There has been a problem with 1 Hz storage rate even when the Racebox Mini delivered 25 Hz in the first Racebox Mini integration. This has been fixed for the last LapTimer version. I probably need to recheck this but will release a new version shortly anyway.

It is normal that the number of fixes does not reach the full product from seconds * rate. Single fixes may drop or be removed when not adding new information. When showing the storage rate like 25 Hz, LapTimer uses the dominant rate measured, not an overall avg.

Please wait for the upcoming version and let me know if this doesn't fix the problem for new recordings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by vafan13 »

Harry wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:25 pm There has been a problem with 1 Hz storage rate even when the Racebox Mini delivered 25 Hz in the first Racebox Mini integration. This has been fixed for the last LapTimer version. I probably need to recheck this but will release a new version shortly anyway.

It is normal that the number of fixes does not reach the full product from seconds * rate. Single fixes may drop or be removed when not adding new information. When showing the storage rate like 25 Hz, LapTimer uses the dominant rate measured, not an overall avg.

Please wait for the upcoming version and let me know if this doesn't fix the problem for new recordings.

- Harry
thanks for the update. Besides periodically opening the app and checking the version, what's the easiest way to know the new version has been released?

Also, if there's anything I can send (debug files or something?) from my phone to help you make sure it's working fully in the new version, let me know!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I usually post on https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer when a new release is available. In case you are not on FB, you need to poll. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mchen1320
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mchen1320 »

Hello,

I recently accquired a Racebox Mini and have the same issue with v24.6.3 on iOS.
GPS and actual lap display it as 25Hz, but the actual speed trace is in 1Hz.

I hope this will get fixed in future version soon.
Attachments
hlp.png
hlp.png (848.4 KiB) Viewed 306597 times
AndyGrz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AndyGrz »

Hi Harry,
Harry wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:25 pm There has been a problem with 1 Hz storage rate even when the Racebox Mini delivered 25 Hz in the first Racebox Mini integration. This has been fixed for the last LapTimer version. I probably need to recheck this but will release a new version shortly anyway.
I did a few test drives with my RaceBox Mini (Petrolhead Edition V24.6.2 with in-app upgrade to Grand Prix Edition, Android) and it only stores GPS fixes at 1Hz. I went through the things suggested in this thread, the sensor is connected at 25Hz, but the in-app GPS fixes are at 1 Hz as well as all exports I tried (csv, kml). Let me know if you need some logs.

Thanks,
Andy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The Android app version is not yet updated to the fixed integration, I will try to release it within a few days.
Image Image Image Image
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by vafan13 »

Thanks! I will be on the lookout and report back after I've had a chance to test.
vafan13
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by vafan13 »

Good news! All 4 manual "laps" I just did show as external @ 25Hz.

Curiously instead of the 5hz worth of fixes I saw previously when it did work, I'm now getting 3.75-4Hz, but as its just me walking around outside I won't read into that. Need to take it out in a car with me.