Gingerman Issues

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
mirogi718
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Gingerman Issues

Post by mirogi718 »

Hello all. I'm relatively new to LapTimer and have just registered, so please bear with me.

I was at Road America for two days of DE last week and LapTimer worked well for me--recording video, lap times and performance information on my iPhone. The videos overlaid with no difficulties.

In late May I was at Gingerman (South Haven, Michigan) for an evening test & tune. There are two different track layouts made available from which to choose. They are labeled "Gingerman Raceway (Counter Clockwise)--Standard Configuration" and "Gingerman Raceway." But as listed, the call-outs are in conflict with how lapping is conducted at Gingerman. The usual direction of travel there is clockwise. The counter-clockwise direction is rarely used. I knew that the test & tune was being conducted in the usual direction so I made my choice based on listed direction of travel (the "Gingerman Raceway" option). After the evening was over I checked the LapTimer data. I discovered that the videos were there along with the total time for each session, but the sessions were not broken down into laps. I found the instructions on how to break sessions into laps in the Documentation section of the website but it did not work for me. I am wondering if the first choice should read "Gingerman Raceway (Clockwise)--Standard Configuration." It makes sense to me that traveling in the opposite direction from the selected track layout would cause the lap data to not process correctly. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gingerman Issues

Post by Harry »

Independent from the naming issue, the second configuration "Gingerman Raceway" is a clockwise configuration and should work.
I understand your track day used the clockwise direction, so the above config is what needs to be used for driving (and to split up laps after the fact). In case Verify Lap does not split your recording, it is probably around a data quality issue. Please export your session long lap to HLPTRL and send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de. Please add a note "please check whether this recording can be split into laps".

- Harry
Image Image Image Image