Mallala - South Australia

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
redfive
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Mallala - South Australia

Post by redfive »

I was out a Mallala last week and attempted to use Harry's Laptimer. I got the all set message, with everything green, but the app did not record the any of the laps. GPS was from an iPhone 8. I used the VBox app to record laps successfully.

I assume it wasn't picking up the start/finish line. I checked by going to the map view and it looked like the GPS signal, when walking at least was accurate with the satellite image.

I screenshotted the start/finish line below. Is the GPS point the base of the flag? How close do you have to be for it to register? Is there a way to increase this? Note that drivers are likely to be on the south side of the track, and the point is closer to the north side.
IMG_0640.PNG
IMG_0640.PNG (2.6 MiB) Viewed 3006 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mallala - South Australia

Post by Harry »

Hi,

the actual trigger position is the center of the overall image. Usually, it should trigger even when it is up. In the Map View it is easy to adjust the position: touch the image, wait a second, and start dragging it down / right.

LapTimer v21.1 had an issue with high update rate GPSes and triggers pointing along N/S and W/E. This is fixed with release 21.1.1. You were probably still on the old version?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
redfive
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by redfive »

I'll try again next time I'm out there. Not sure what version I was running at the time. It's 22.1.1 now.
redfive
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by redfive »

I tried this again on the weekend and it did not record laps again. v23.0.11.

I did not have the phone attached to a power supply, is this required?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, not required but recommended. The phone needs to be on, with LapTimer active and mounted like shown in illustration #3 of LapTimer‘s Quick Reference. All permissions need to be granted and the Health Status system should not be in yellow or red status (see LapTimer / Race).

Harry
Image Image Image Image