Basic operation

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
evoconvert
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Basic operation

Post by evoconvert »

Hi Harry

Have fixed the problem. I have removed a couple of other gps based apps and rebooted and now all is working.

I need to congratulate you on such quick response times on issues. It is much appreciated. I have had a little play with the app on the way home and all works brilliantly!

I intend to do a track day on Monday coming and will attempt to plot a new track for certification. We have three main tracks in Perth, Western Australia Barbagallo (Already mapped), RAC driving centre Perth airport -(doing Monday), Jacks Hill (hill climb Wanneroo) , Collie - 2 hours South of Perth and Kwinana Motorplex.

I am heavily involved with state level tarmac rallying in WA and will promote your product at all coming events.
Thanks again
Brad
windle
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by windle »

i have a similar issue also!

i have been into the iphone settings where you can switch the different GPS settings on for certain apps, problem is lap timmer isnt there to switch on or off?

the GPS screen on lap timmer says "aquiring satellites" but the GPS logo never trips in?

Any ideas?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Here is what you should see in Settings / Location Services (in German: Einstellungen / Ortungsdienste):

Please check if you get view similar to those posted some threads above. When you see '3D GPS' in the GPS View, everything is fine.

The 'Acquiring Satellites' should be visible with a TomTom connected only? What is your configuration?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
windle
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by windle »

Think i managed it, it only triggered the GPS when i clicked the google map inside the "more" settings then i could click enable GPS :)

i had to reboot the app to get it working but currently the signal is well into the green nearly full and says "3D GPS" i am on wi fii at the min too but i presume 3D gps is the correct setting?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

3D GPS is a clear indicator your position is from GPS, not WLAN triangulation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image