New function Color lap timer

Request and discussion on new / to change features
DarciBMK
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

New function Color lap timer

Post by DarciBMK »

I'm 64 years old and still run a go-kart. If possible I would like new function on its already excellent product or a single new product.
What I need is very simple and very useful. A timer that shows in real time on the track if I'm slow or fast. No need to save anything, lap number, time, etc. .. . Except for the fastest lap of the training that can be displayed at the top of the screen with small numbers.
A turn in a go-kart track has an average of 40 seconds. This is too fast to read and analyze numbers. Why not just use the whole screen with the current lap time, and three background colors?
Green if I'm faster than my best lap.
Yellow if I'm slower than my best lap set by example in 0.1 seconds.
Red if I'm slower than my best lap set by example in 0.3 seconds.
Yellow and red must be possible to set in tenths of seconds from 0.1 to 0.9 seconds.
Update data in real time racing, I think 5 seconds is more than enough. That is to say, every 5 seconds I know if I'm slow or fast. It will be a great help to train a pilot to be fast and steady on the track.
Thanks and hope to answer before purchasing your product.
www.centralkart.com.br
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New function Color lap timer

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Did you have a chance to look into the Timer view? It is nearly what you request - except the colors are not full screen but only a smaller rectangle directly to the side of two large time displays.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
DarciBMK
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: New function Color lap timer

Post by DarciBMK »

Yes I saw, but someone once said "Make it simple." In view timer you need to read and analyze the numbers and you lose concentration. I read more carefully the "racer view" the ghost is a good thing for games but when you're driving a go-kart racing at 80 km / h on a curve has no time to analyze drawings or numbers. Now I see that my idea is similar to the ghost using colors. It is much easier to interpret the colors, you need not look straight at the screen to read and interpret what is written or drawn.
Sorry if I'm taking your time but I hope to be contributing in some way to improve your product.

Darci
www.centralkart.com.br