Creating new track w/ Google Maps

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Creating new track w/ Google Maps

Post by MattC813 »

Hey guys, so I've used Harry's for a long time at well-established tracks, but want to add my local kart track (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hill+ ... 39a315989f) but cannot for the life of me figure out how to add it. When I go to add new track the only options I have are to rename and set the stop/go at the finish line. What am I missing here?

Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating new track w/ Google Maps

Post by Harry »

Please check the "Tracks" documentation available on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

In case you can't get it working, please contact us at Tracks@gps-laptimer.de

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MattC813 »

Harry wrote:Please check the "Tracks" documentation available on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

In case you can't get it working, please contact us at Tracks@gps-laptimer.de

- Harry
Thanks Harry, I saw that, the problem is I have no clue how to get to the maps view? This is my procedure: open app>prepare race>new track then I get a pop up letting me name the track and define start/finish, and nothing else. Where do I need to go to access the map view to add triggers/POIs? I didn't seem to find that in the track tutorial listed above.

Thanks again,
Matt

EDIT: Could it be because I'm in an office building with weak/little GPS signal? does the UI change once a strong/valid GPS signal is detected?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's legacy documentation and slightly outdated. In current versions, you find the Map Video in LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Realtime ‣ Map.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MattC813 »

Harry wrote:Yes, that's legacy documentation and slightly outdated. In current versions, you find the Map Video in LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Realtime ‣ Map.

- Harry
Got it, thanks Harry! It looks like, to use my newly created track (start/go and 2 splits), I just go to the "race" setting in laptimer? Will it ever show in Tracks and thus be available for selection in "Prepare Race"?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Once you Certify the track (see the document), it will get an icon plus description and gets available for everybody from the server. As long as you do not certify it, it is a "User Track Set" without server representation. The Hall of Fame function or the Online View works for certified tracks only too. So once you have the basic track set defined, certify it and we will come back in case we need additional information.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MattC813 »

It looks like I'll need to run some laps before certification; I'll take care of that at this weekend's race. Thanks again for the help Harry.
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

is there any option how to add track (kart) without Google maps? I found one nearby outside track for karting, but its not in google maps. I found it in our czech maps web ( www.mapy.cz )

https://mapy.cz/letecka?x=13.9113656&y=49.8454960&z=19
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For kart tracks it is usually easy to define the track on site using New Track assistant. Please take care to set a driving direction when asked.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
sn0wcr4sh3d
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by sn0wcr4sh3d »

It's been a while since I last used Harry's and I'm a bit lost as well...did something change? I used to be able to create start and finish lines directly using a map on the app.