Lost Overlay Feature??

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
syenisch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lost Overlay Feature??

Post by syenisch »

I purchased HLT years ago and used to have the Overlay feature in the app. I used it to merge GoPro videos with lap data in the past. Now it appears this feature has been stripped from the current "Rookie" version I had purchased before and is now in the Petrolhead version. Am I really expected to pay to upgrade to regain the feature I already paid for? I purchased a product with a capability... doesn't seem right to revoke that capability and make me pay more to regain it. Is there some way to get "grandfathered in" for buyers of the old version that had this? If I am mistaken/confused, I apologize. I enjoy the app for my track days but this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lost Overlay Feature??

Post by Harry »

LapTimer upgrades have never removed functions without adding much more at the same time - that's part of my product philosophy.

LapTimer Rookie had never included video capabilities, it needed at least some upgrade. Please check your Add Ons list for a button named "Restore". In case it is available, it will restore former upgrades.

In case you do not have this button, please check your mail files sent from iTunes to check which features you had added. Afterwards, just "repurchase" them - you will not be charged again as long as you use the same iTunes IDas initially.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
syenisch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Lost Overlay Feature??

Post by syenisch »

Thanks, Harry. You've got me on the right track now. My next problem is that I have loaded my video on to my iPhone, but the app isn't recognizing it. I believe this is because the video went into the Videos app rather than the Photos app. Any ideas? Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, you need to sync videos using iTunes' Photo settings, not Video. You will find an Include Video switch in the Photo tab.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
syenisch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by syenisch »

OK, moving along here... hit the Restore button and got the videos into my Photos app and the app recognizes them when I go to Settings-->Video List. However, when I hit Lap List in the bottom left and find the lap that corresponds to the video, I don't see an Overlay button anywhere. I reviewed my prior App Store purchases and found on 2/16/13 I purchased "Harry's LapTimer Rookie, Video Capture Feature", so I definitely should have the capability to overlay data on to my GoPro video right? Thanks!
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

You have to add the video to the lap(s). Touch Edit and then Add Video. The details of how to do it are on the forum somewhere.

Edit:
From the Video Recording Documentation:

The opposite scenario is supported too: LapTimer can be used to overlay externally recorded videos following these steps:
1. Record your lap using any video cam, e.g. a GoPro HERO3
2. Synchronize the video to the Photo app on your iPhone (using iTunes, depends on platform)
3.From within LapTimer /Lap Details, associate the video with your lap (press Edit and Add Video)
4. Select the position in the video that matches the lap's end (finish line)
5. Start the overlaying process by pressing Overlay – and enjoy the result
syenisch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by syenisch »

Got it! Thanks!!
M3ANMACHINE
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by M3ANMACHINE »

syenisch wrote:OK, moving along here... hit the Restore button and got the videos into my Photos app and the app recognizes them when I go to Settings-->Video List. However, when I hit Lap List in the bottom left and find the lap that corresponds to the video, I don't see an Overlay button anywhere. I reviewed my prior App Store purchases and found on 2/16/13 I purchased "Harry's LapTimer Rookie, Video Capture Feature", so I definitely should have the capability to overlay data on to my GoPro video right? Thanks!

Sorry for the thread revival. But how exactly did you get the video to show up in your "photos" app on the iphone? I am also having the same issue at the moment! Thanks
syenisch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by syenisch »

When you plug your phone into iTunes, under your device go to the Photos tab and click "include videos".