Importing files from Racechrono

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
irvandriel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Importing files from Racechrono

Post by irvandriel »

Hello again,
I have laps on my Racechrono unit I'd like to import into HLT. I've tried exporting them in the Racechrono, then using my Mac find the export files on the Racechrono in finder and emailing them to myself. For VBO files when HLT tries to open I get a failed to import message in HLT. For .kml or CSV files I can not convince iOS Mail that HLT should open these files. i.e. I get options for other apps but not HLT.
Anyone have any ideas.
Cheers
Ian
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing files from Racechrono

Post by Harry »

Most probably a format issue. Please send one of the VBO files exported and I will check what's the problem

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for sending the file. The reason for the failure is the RC exported VBO file misses a [column names] section and column definitions. In case this section is missing, LapTimer raises a format exception and interrupts the import. To work around, add this section manually. To see a sample, export any lap from within LapTimer to VBO, it will generate a compatible file including this [column names] section. I haven't check the data exported from RC otherwise, so you may need to change the section a little, but it should be straight forward.

Please keep in mind LapTimer considers VBO files as logs. So to get the data broken down to laps during import, load the LapTimer Track Set (Phillip Island in your case) ahead of import.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
irvandriel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by irvandriel »

Thanks again H.
irvandriel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by irvandriel »

BTW, manual insertion of column names was easy and it worked
mikelgaldakao
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikelgaldakao »

Hi Harry,

I am having troubles importing files from RaceChrono. I want to migrate all sesions to HLT but I receive importing error. No detailed message, only "Error importing vbo file".
I have a [column names] section and column definitions.

Thanks ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please send the .vbo file to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de) and I will check what is going wrong.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mikelgaldakao
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikelgaldakao »

I sent you the mail, did you find the problem? :)
Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late reply but I have been busy working on new stuff (and had the completed development environment set for new development).

To import the .vbo files sent these actions need to be performed before starting the import:

1) Make sure you load the LapTimer track set which should be used for lap recognition (Add-ons or Load Track)
2) Remove this three lines from the .vbo file:

Code: Select all

[avi]
RC_VBO_
MP4
3) Set the wide detection corridor to a big value (LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Trigger Detection / Wide Corridor ‣ 200

Some comments: 1) is what needs to be done for any logger import; 2) is necessary as LapTimer does not handle (or ignore) this tag currently - it is related to video attachments which will get support starting wit v21; 3) the data send showed quite some GPS drift - which resulted in missed finish triggers for BTG

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mikelgaldakao
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikelgaldakao »

Hi,

I tried, but I got the same error. :|
Tracks downloaded, lines removed and value set to 200 (max).

("The file is ready, Are you sure you want to continue ?")

After selecting "Yes, continue", it's only a few miliseconds until it shows the next screen:
("Error. Importing file xxxx.vob failed.")

However, thanks for your time :)

PS. I think it doesn't even try to read the whole file. It seems to crash before reading it.