Importing files from Racechrono

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Importing files from Racechrono

Post by gplracerx »

Here's a thought: Change your language on your phone to English.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, that's not a language specific issue, it is a system function implemented badly.

@mikelgaldakao, I have uploaded a new version "silently". Silently means it has no new version number and will not prompt other users for an update available. Please wait an hour until the release is propagated to the stores. You can verify you have the fixed version by looking at the built time displayed on the About / Startup screen. It will show the 23rd November.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mikelgaldakao
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikelgaldakao »

Yes! It works !
Thanks Harry :)
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Harry,

I also tried to import vbo-data from Racechrono to HLT. The procedure described before works (deleting the [avi] section).

However, the OBD-data gets lost during import, and the date is wrong in HLT (is set to today's date). Any idea whether this can be fixed? For the OBD, I assume it is some difference with naming of the columns which could be fixed in an editor?!?

Column names are:
sats lat long velocity heading height longacc latacc device-update-rate lean-angle fix-type accuracy sats time lat long velocity heading height longacc latacc rpm-obd throttle-position-obd coolant-temperature-obd intake-temperature-obd x-acceleration-accelerometer y-acceleration-accelerometer z-acceleration-accelerometer device-update-rate-accelerometer x-rotation-gyroscope y-rotation-gyroscope z-rotation-gyroscope device-update-rate-gyroscope device-update-rate x-magnetic-field y-magnetic-field z-magnetic-field avifileindex avisynctime

WBR,
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Michael,

I'll check the date / time thing, it should be set to the lap's date, not the current date. For the extra columns - they are not standardized by RaceLogic, so I have added support for a few common OBD channels only. Please send me a sample file including the columns posted and I will add support for one of the next bug fix releases.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Thanks for the feedback, e-mail sent!
Kojiiro
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Kojiiro »

I am having the same issues as well. Looking at a vbo file, the [column names] is there so I’m not sure what else to look at.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Despite the fact this is an old thread, the date thing is still on my todo list. Please send your VBO sample file to Harry@gps-laptimer.de and I will check. As standard VBO does not come with a date, it actually should be solved by asking the user for the date...
Image Image Image Image