Setting Autocross Start Finish Line

A number of ways you can support LapTimer development
mcynet
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Setting Autocross Start Finish Line

Post by mcynet »

I noticed something this weekend and I wondered if it was a known bug or a feature?

After setting the starting line and walking to the finish line. I some how in the middle turned my phone enough that the screen changed position. A popup asked me to click ok, I did and then it has exited out of the setting start and stop. I went back to the start line and tried again, I tried not to click ok when the message came up. this problem happened. 3rd times a charm, back to the start line Click to set the GPS and make sure to hold it very still walk to the finish and.. Got it... Can you help is this a bug or a feature. I use the Android platform.

Thanks,

Mike
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Setting Autocross Start Finish Line

Post by gplracerx »

It's a feature. I put in a request some time ago to be able to turn it off. I think you have to rotate the phone a fair amount to make it think you've changed orientation, though.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Also you don't really need the wizard. It's supposed to be a convenience, not a necessity. You can create and associate POI's from the GPS page. On iOS, there's a plus sign in the upper right corner. Touch that and the POI creation dialog starts. If you want splits, that's where you create triggers for them as well.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

On Android, when a device is turned and the main view allows rotation, the whole view is removed from memory and recreated using the new orientation. Sub views like the assistant are simply closed and not automatically recreated... Due to the new portrait / landscape view support introduced in the latest versions, this effect is new. I put it on my list.

Till then, either don't turn or create the two triggers necessary for an AX using the "manual" approach mentioned by gplracerx

Harry
Image Image Image Image