Sector missing?? Kyalami

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
born2boost
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Sector missing?? Kyalami

Post by born2boost »

Hi guys

I've recently tried Harry Laptimer, and found it to be pretty cool. However I've found that for some reason an entire sector of the track seems to be missing? Kyalami in Johannesburg is the track in question here. Did I do something wrong?

Also, please could anybody explain how I get the data from that video recording? It just shows the video without any overlay at all? I see on some other members videos there is lots of data overlaid onto the video??

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sector missing?? Kyalami

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Not clear on the first question... What do you mean by 'a sector is missing'? In case it is that the lap is not recorded from start / finish to start / finish, you have probably add a trigger accidentally that stops the lap. To analyse this, goto Lap List -> Lap Details for the incomplete lap and export it to .kml. Send it to LapTimer@gmx.de or post a snapshot here.

On the second: again, goto Lap List -> Lap Details for the lap you want to have not only a video but an overlaid video, and press 'Overlay'. This will generate the video you want - but will take some processing time.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
born2boost
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by born2boost »

Hi Harry

Thank you for the prompt reply...and for developing such an awesome tool!

A friend told me that I need to download the already saved Kyalami track, and that it would do everything automatically when I pressed start, however the recording started as it supposed to but then kept on missing the last sector of the track?

I guess I'd have to actually set the track up myself again??

Thanks again
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

There should be no need to set up your own track - at least if you are not running a different configuration like the one provided in Add-ons. There is either a problem with additional triggers, the device (accuracy), or the track set. I would like to track this down.

So please just export one of the incomplete laps and send it to LapTimer@gmx.de. I will analyze and come back.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Checked your data - thanks for sending. The problem was with the triggers contained in the track set. One of the split triggers has been defined as a start / stop trigger. This interrupted recording and splitted the lap in two. I've uploaded a revised version. Please download again from the server using the Add-ons page.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
born2boost
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by born2boost »

Hi Harry

Thanks for sorting it out so quickly. :D

I've reloaded in the add ons menu, hopefully it works better next time I'm out at Kyalami. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again