Turning off reference video in PIP

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
rossluken
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Turning off reference video in PIP

Post by rossluken »

I am finally getting the hang of working with video and how to overlay data and use my Gopro footage as well. The problem is the video looks good then I get a PIP of the reference lap popping up in the corner. I would like to disable this feature but I am not sure how to do it?

The timer works great!! I cant wait for Gopro sync on an Android phone, the Iphone(4s) screen is small too compared to my Galaxy s5 for editing the videos.

I there anyway to look at the lap by lap companions on a desktop?

Thanks Harry for the great product!!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turning off reference video in PIP

Post by Harry »

In Overlay Configuration, there is a second page (besides the one where the laps and intro / outro are selected) you can reach by swiping. Here, disable "Reference Video".

To compare your laps on a desktop, export them to .vbo and use Racelogic's Circuit Tools to analyze them.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rossluken
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by rossluken »

Thanks Harry I found the setting. If I would like to use this feature in the future does it always show the video taken by the phone (I use a iphone and a go pro) or will itbuse whatever video is tagged as the master in the reference lap.

A questions on the map view when looking at a lap. Any way you could go over what each view is? I think one is about the GPS signal and one bout g force but I am not 100‰ on these. They help me see where I am loading time compared to my fastest lap

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, LapTimer uses any master it finds in the reference lap.

Not sure on the second question, if you mean the four map chart types selectable in the map's configuration, it is:

Lateral Acceleration
Longitudinal Acceleration
GPS Accuracy
Line / Reference Line comparison

Harry
Image Image Image Image
meterman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by meterman »

Harry, can you be more specific on where to turn off the reference. I have and iPhone6 and the Grand Prix edition v19.0.8. I looked everywhere and can't find the location to turn off the reference.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To turn off the reference PiP in GP, you need to turn off the option in Overlay Configuration (the dialog coming up when pressing "Overlay"). You find the switch (and some others) on the seconds page, so swipe the dialog once to get it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
meterman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by meterman »

Thanks Harry, I was reading the LapTimer Documentation and realized that when I hit Overlay that's where you can swipe to see the next screen. I'm all good.