PLX Kiwi Bluetooth Range

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
TooManyIDs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

PLX Kiwi Bluetooth Range

Post by TooManyIDs »

Had a green status from HLT on OBD input while holding the PLX Kiwi around center console height (so I could see a sold link light). Prior to driving, I tossed the Kiwi over to the passenger floor board.

Doesn't appear that any OBD data was made available to the overlay process. Nothing in lap list, checking CSV export. Trying to understand potential cause.

Would the additional distance, and possible dashboard interference have anything at all to do with this?
Al
Apple iPhone 6 Plus (128GB)
Dual Electronics XGPS150A
PLX Kiwi 2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PLX Kiwi Bluetooth Range

Post by Harry »

No, that should be no problem - at least as long as everything is in the passenger cabin. Please check for other BT sources disturbing your connection, that's the most frequent issues I see.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TooManyIDs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TooManyIDs »

The only connections should have been the XGPS150A & PLX Kiwi, the PCM was switched off completely. I don't believe it engages the phone at all in that case, right?
Al
Apple iPhone 6 Plus (128GB)
Dual Electronics XGPS150A
PLX Kiwi 2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You never know :-) Using an Android phone it is easy to discover BT sources around. Just enter the Settings app and select the Bluetooth item and Scan. For iOS, some sources will probably not be displayed (publish services that require Mfi (Made for iPhone) participation but are not Mfi certified). There are always some more sources than one thinks of :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image