Android Screen Saver

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
GarryR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Android Screen Saver

Post by GarryR »

Harry --

On a Nexus 5 with 32 Gb and all HLT and Android 4.4 updates:

Is there a setting in HLT to disable the Android screen saver, or must I do that through Android settings?

Some of the problems I've recently experienced seem to be caused by the screen saver being invoked by Android when I'm running HLT on battery power only (which at the moment is sometimes convenient).

When this happens - and it doesn't seem to follow the normal Android time settings for invoking the screen saver, instead maybe 5 or more minutes - HLT seems to continue running (capturing video) but cannot re-enable the HLT display. It's basically a crash. I know the video is still being captured because of file sizes, and the video does appear in the Video List but "cannot open."

So maybe the easiest thing is for HLT to disable screen saver when Nexus is running on either battery or on DC. Is that possible? Should I put this in a feature request thread?

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android Screen Saver

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LapTimer disables the device from going to sleep in Video View, Timer View, and GPS View. In case it is going to sleep nevertheless there needs to be a special configuration active for your device? Please check you Android settings, I have not seen this issue so far.

Harry
Image Image Image Image