Lost all my data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Lost all my data

Post by devenh »

The beginning of a new season and I are reacquainting myself with HLT. I was at a solo event and created an new track, but HLT would not record my laps. Figured I must be doing something wrong, most likely with the connection to my XPS150A. The v18.0 System Status showed GPS Data Rate in red, so I shut down the XPS150A and used my iPhone 4S gps for the rest of the day and that seemed to solve the problem. After the event I updated my XPS150A's firmware and I think that will solve the communication problem. Would you agree?

During the course of the solo as I was trying to get HLT working, all my lap history, track list, and vehicle list info disappeared. Could I have done this or could this be a bug? Once I recreated the solo track and entered my vehicle info, HLT worked fine.

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost all my data

Post by Harry »

In case the data lost is critical for you, please check the article on sending database to me (Troubleshooting forum). Instead of send you current databases, please check if you find a recent sub directory starting with "recovery" and copy / send it to me.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Deven,

I sent a repaired database set back but the mail bounced. Can you please check your account - the mailer does not give a special information what the problem is.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Got it. So I assume I try restoring the files you sent me?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

My data disappeared as well this weekend. I've emailed the zipped recovery folder.
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Harry,

The files you sent me worked so everything was recovered.

Thanks,

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

gplracerx wrote:My data disappeared as well this weekend. I've emailed the zipped recovery folder.
Please check my mail for a step-by-step how to repair.

To everyone reading this thread: please do not forget to create backups from time to time. For iOS users, you can use the standard iTunes backup approach, and for all LapTimer editions, you can simply export all laps to a file with .hlptrl extension. This files can restore all lap recorded and vehicles defined (but not video).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image