Can I only load tracks that I would use?

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
amitt10
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can I only load tracks that I would use?

Post by amitt10 »

Is there a way to only load one track I would use in the load track database of LapTimer Petrolhead program?
Or, possibly loading only the North American Track Sets?

Alan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I only load tracks that I would use?

Post by Harry »

Please explain what you want to achieve - I don't get the question?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
amitt10
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by amitt10 »

Instead of scrolling through all the tracks in the list to find the track I'll be using, I was thinking that having only that one or two tracks preloaded.

Alan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You probably misinterpret the "Load Track" function. Once you have loaded a track, it will stay active on your smartphone. So there is no need to enter Tracks / Add-ons frequently. Within the Load Track or Add-ons list, there are several options to reduce the list. The "Track Filter" in the top runs a full text search. If e.g. you enter "Virginia", you get Jefferson, Summit Point and VIR only. Furthermore you can select to see only tracks nearby... To get that, press the "All" drop down and select "Near Me" instead. This will reduce tracks listed to track in a range of 200 km / approximately 120 miles around you.

You can see tracks loaded anytime by selecting "Lap List".

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
amitt10
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by amitt10 »

So when I'm at the location of the track all I need to do is select from tracks near me and select that track?
Then it's ready mode and as soon as I drive onto the track and pass the starting line trigger the lap recording will begin and then
stop at the end after going one full lap? Or, does it keep recording waiting for me to go past the starting line again for a new lap?

It looks like I'm going to do only two separate laps, not in concession.

Alan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'm still not I understand ;-) Which track do you plan to go to? Is it one existing in the tracks list or do you plan to define your own one? In case it is the former, please just load the track set now. Once you start LapTimer on site, it will record individual laps, whatever number you drive.

Maybe check out the quick start video. It is a little outdated (iOS6) but shows all the steps you need to go through: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS09uYu ... e=youtu.be

- Harry
Image Image Image Image