Issues with Android Video Recording

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tdrechsl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Issues with Android Video Recording

Post by tdrechsl »

Mhhhh ... ok.
If this is actually background video recording - it's working :-) the video is being recorded and error free on both S4 and S3 on the latest operating system, and an S4 running SlimCat moded 4Android .4.2
At least this was so on the version I used on 7th and 23rd of April.
Only the video shown in the Video screen after leving and re-entering it is sometimes just black but the recorded video is ok.

I'll try it with a new more rigid suction cup holder hat isn't vibrating so much. maybe someting from the holder was pressing the back button by accident .
But as you can see if you look out of the window - it's raining around here and "testing" is futile.
Maybe I can drive up to the Ring some day next week after work..... if it'll ever stop raining, and verify the behavior.

But if leaving the video screen is an undefined behavior - just add an "are you sure? exiting vido screen while recording will bla bla bla..." messagebox where you have to click yes/no/I don't know ;-) or discard the back-button-press after 5 seconds or so if there is no confirmation.