Dual XGPS150 "not available" with Android Samsung Tab 3

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Dual XGPS150 "not available" with Android Samsung Tab 3

Post by cmanquat »

Hello,

I've read a lot of threads regarding problems to connect XGPS150 to Android device and follows a lot procédures but when I'm looking at to my sensors list in HLT, my XGPS Bluetooth is not connected and appeared as "not available".

See below my config :
- Samsung Tab 3 Android 4.1.2
- Dual XGPS 150A v 2.1.6
- HLT Rookie v17.8.5

Thanks for your help.
Christophe
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual XGPS150 "not available" with Android Samsung Tab 3

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Check you have switched XGPS operation to "Other", not "Apple". This is a very small hardware switch directly to the right of the USB plug.
Please make sure you have paired the XGPS150 with your Tab3 (this is done in Android / Settings / Bluetooth
Now, start LapTimer and switch to the Sensor List.
Press the small "+ Bluetooth" button and select the XGPS.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cmanquat »

Hi Harry,

thanks for your answer.
I've already done this tasks and have always the problem : when I press the small "+ Bluetooth" button and select the XGPS, XGPS coud be selected but it never connects (HLT is trying to search but XGPS stays "not available" with a red dot). The internal Samsung GPS (1 Hz) is ok.

As mentioned on Dual Website FAQ (http://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-lifest ... tion-apps/), do I need to use a "helper app" as Bluetooth GPS provider ?
And when I launch this app, I can have data from my XGPS in this apps but nothing changes with HLT.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi again,

Please try LapTimer's Expert Setting "Force Insecure BT Connection". Maybe your Samsung is one of the devices requiring this. In case that helps, please send a Contact mail from within LapTimer (About Screen) and add "needs Insecure BT Connection" so I can add it to the white list. Unconnecting the XGPS in LapTimer, unpairing it in Android, restarting, pairing, and connecting it again may help too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cmanquat »

Hello Harry,

Everything seems to be ok ;-)
Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please do not forget to send the Contact mail so I can add your phone type for others.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cmanquat »

Hello Harry,

unfortunatly, I've got another strange problem.
I can connect my XGPS but on GPS screen, rate and speed, for example, are "frozen". This datas don't change, even when I'm driving.
And secondly, when I restart HLT for another test, my XGPS cannot detect location anymore (green led is always flashing).
If I want my XGPS works again, I need to update the firmware again...

So, currently, I can't use HLT and I have a trackdays on saturday :-(
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

On the GPS screen: please make sure you do not look into historic data: in the top, you find a segmented control that allows selecting current GPS data (Current), or GPS data where you achieved top speed lately (Recent), or GPS data where you achieved top speed overall (Top).

The second point is not clear to me... Green flashing in the GPS view is good. It means you receive GPS data. In the sensor list, the connection status needs to be solid green. In no case you need to reinstall firmware. If everything fails, please just finish LapTimer (do not send it to back ground only, kill the process) and turn the XGPS off and on again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cmanquat »

When I was talking about "green led is always flashing", it concerns my XGPS and not HLT. It means no location of my XGPS.

My feeling is that HLT is changing something in my XGPS once connected because when I want to use another use, my XGPS doesn't work anymore... And I need to reinstall firmware.
Hope to be more precise.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, LapTimer sends an initialization sequence to switch to 4 or 5 Hz. Please make sure you have the correct firmware installed. For the XGSP150, there is a special version for LapTimer: http://gps.dualav.com/firmware/xgps150/

- Harry
Image Image Image Image