Videos and lap data don't seem to tie in?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Skootz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Videos and lap data don't seem to tie in?

Post by Skootz »

Hi Harry

I used Harry's Lap Timer (Petrol Head) for the first time yesterday at a track day and am having some issues getting the overlay to work.

Now, I recorded the videos at the track all fine.

Got home and hadn't really read up on the lap timer in great enough detail so for some reason thought the videos just had the overlay applied "as standard". So I went into More --> Video List and then moved each of my videos from Laptimer Recordings to Camera Roll.

I then realised that I had done something wrong, each video when i click on it / touch it says "Metadata None" and the laps are messed up somehow (not sure if i clicked relink at some stage or not - I'm sure I did something I shouldn't have!). For example, one of the videos says I have 5 laps although the video shows only 1 lap and then a few minutes of me driving through the pits and parking up. I tried doing an "overlay" on one of the vids as well and it shows me pulling into the pits yet the speed is 150kph! No idea what I have done wrong but basically somehow all the lap data (csv data?) is no longer is attached to the correct videos.

Also the video that I tried the overlay for has now been removed from the session somehow and is its own video (with the wrong csv data).

Bummer :(

Any way to fix this mess I have created?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Videos and lap data don't seem to tie in?

Post by Harry »

The location the video is stored in, is not critical. LapTimer overlays both videos in its own recording area, and in the Photo app. As you seem to have lost synchronization between a lap and the corresponding video, you need to setup this relation manually:

1) Select the lap you want to overlay.
2) In case the video displayed in Preview is a (wrong) overlaid video, press "Revert" first.
3) Check the video shown in Preview. In case this video is the correct video, press "Edit" and touch the Preview row. Continue with item 5)
4) In case it is the wrong video, press "Edit" and remove the wrong video (LapTimer will probably ask if you want to delete it, do not confirm, just unlink); press Add Video and select the correct video from the list presented.
5) As synchronization between the lap and the video has been lost, select the position in the video you *finished* the lap.

Once you have done this, press Overlay and check if you get what you want.

For further details, please check http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Skootz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Skootz »

Hi Harry

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

I have 17 laps - do I need to manually marry up each lap to each video??
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For the current version - yes. For version 18 (available end of March), you need to align one lap and LapTimer will complete the session automatically.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image