Social media lapping updates

Request and discussion on new / to change features
rdn2fst
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Social media lapping updates

Post by rdn2fst »

I've heard that other track loggers have the ability to upload lap times to social media networks like Twitter and Facebook. I've been here http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Online_Racing.html and see that it seems we can only view laptimes from within the HLT app. Can we have the abiltiy to view laptimes from a computer or include the same social media ability?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Social media lapping updates

Post by Harry »

Yes, I have this on my todo list for v15. Any creative ideas on how this feature should look like?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Whisky Zx3
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Whisky Zx3 »

I like the "run Keeper" functionnality to post on facebook when you "broke a record". Like, "last time at this that track, I ran 1.02.999, today I ran 1.01.878".

I have to say that run keeper has also a web site to show and manage that kind of stuff.
mark_j_s
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mark_j_s »

Hi

It would be great if the lap timer had a facility to share lap data with other services. I for one, would be interested in developing a "mashup" website to store the lap data and display it on a Google map overlay.

A facility on the app to "Share laps" and allowing the user to enter a URL, (or perhaps pick from a maintained list of services) and a published format for this data would enable this. Ideally this would upload the laps automatically rather than requiring the user to manually upload each lap.

If this could optionally be enabled for online racing as well this would be great, allowing friends at home to following my on track adventures :-)

This service that the data is uploaded to would then be able to handle all the social media integration making it easier to add new social media networks or perhaps control and customise the notifications that are made. I think this is the way "Run Keeper" manages things.

Taking the open approach to sharing this data would open up all sorts of possibilities for third parties to exercise their creativity in visualising, combining and sharing the information captured by the Lap Timer.

- Mark
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'd need someone to pilot something like this. Really enthusiastic to invest or with a clear plan how the effort would pay out. Offering a protocol to request information is no issue as a certain protocol (for LapTimer's Online functionally) is available already. Another topic that needs to be covered is data privacy.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image