Can't view or edit drag, weight, frontal area, etc.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
anymouse
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can't view or edit drag, weight, frontal area, etc.

Post by anymouse »

I sometimes cannot view or edit the values for the coefficient of drag (listed as "cW" in the program), frontal area, weight, etc. Here's what I tried to resolve it:
(1) Closed and reopened the program.
(2) Shut down and restarted the iPhone 5.
(3) Reset the iPhone 5 (held down both buttons).
(4) Created a new vehicle.
(5) Pushed "Edit" on the "Vehicle List" screen before selecting a vehicle. Also tried not pushing it first.
(6) Pushed "Edit" on the "Vehicle #1" screen. Also tried not pushing it.
(7) Selected different vehicles.
(8) Created new vehicles.

I'm running iPhone 5 with iOS version 7.0.4 and Harry's Lap Timer version 17.5.4 - Nov 20 2013 21:29:31.

Nothing has worked permanently. The problem is random. It has worked a few times in the past, then stopped working, then started working again. As I'm typing this it wasn't working, so I added a new vehicle (Vehicle #3) and it still didn't work. I then deleted Vehicle #3 and created a new vehicle (Vehicle #3 again) and this time it worked. Then I went back to the vehicle list, selected Vehicle #3, and it did not show the info anymore. Seem really random. Creating a new vehicle is not something done often, so maybe this is just a minor insignificant bug, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't view or edit drag, weight, frontal area, etc.

Post by Harry »

These settings are implemented in the app but should actually not be visible to end users currently (no functionality based on this). If you can report what you are actually doing to get it *visible*, please let me know. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
anymouse
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Can't view or edit drag, weight, frontal area, etc.

Post by anymouse »

Thanks. If it's not used anymore, then I won't worry about it.

Not sure how I get it to show up, other than playing around with adding/deleting/editing vehicles. It might be a coincidence, but the settings show up more often while the iPhone is plugged in and charging.